“The Pines Lodge surpassed our high expectations in every way.”

The Pines Lodge, A RockResort
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
New York, N.Y.
“The Pines Lodge surpassed our high expectations in every way.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

Our family just returned from an amazing eight day stay at the Pines Lodge in Beaver Creek. The Pines Lodge surpassed our high expectations in every way. Even before we arrived, the staff bent over backwards in helping us plan our vacation, from ski school and ski equipment rentals to restaurant recommendations and reservations. The room was beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable. The lodge is a short walk from Beaver Creek Village and there is a convenient shuttle service, too. Our room was quiet, enormous and well decorated, with a glorious view of the mountains. The friendly housekeeping staff bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. The Pines Lodge is much like a boutique European hotel. The fitness center, pool, jacuzzi and steam room were wonderful. We liked that the hotel didn't nickel and dime us with lots of extra charges. The $30 daily fee that covered wireless Internet, valet parking (indoor garage), Starbucks coffee, etc. is a brilliant idea and a good value. The hotel offered free laundry equipment on the third floor, which we used several times (the front desk even gave us little boxes of detergent). Thank you for that! My children loved the complimentary freshly baked cookies and hot chocolate set out by the fireplace every afternoon. The staff, especially Evan and Meghan, were extremely friendly and helpful. The Pines Lodge gave us a late check-out time, which was extremely helpful and much appreciated. Our only criticism relates to the food service. The breakfast buffet was adequate, but could have offered a broader fresh fruit selection. We had dinner one evening at the Grouse Mountain Grill, which did not meet our expectations. The service was excellent, but the menu should be more kid-friendly. Even for the adult diner, the menu was limited and the food disappointing (especially considering how expensive it is). It was impossible to hear the live piano player in the main dining room where we were seated, which was also disappointing, as this was the primary reason we chose to eat there. Our mediocre dining experience did not cloud our excellent impression of the Pines Lodge, however. We were very sad to leave on our last day and look forward to returning. We will highly recommend this property to our friends and family. The Coolidge Family.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Coollnyc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Gilbert, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

I stayed at the Pines Lodge for a business getaway with colleagues and clients. The hotel had the perfect ski lodge feel. Rooms were spacious with great views of the mountain. I can't say enough how friendly the staff was...it was noticeable!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Sabrina713
Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2009

Every nice hotel has a certain feeling. This one is warm, friendly and luxurious. My idyllic ski lodge. My son and I just visited on a four day trip and I'd highly recommend it. The staff and service level is second to none. The tasteful rooms are designed for skiers and all the equipment it takes. The lodge truly is "on the mountain" with ski-in/out by the Strawberry Park lift. The Grouse Mountain Inn restaurant was exceptional (try the crusted pork chops!!!) They even helped me through a truly awful experience with Denver's Dollar-Rent-A-Car, quite possibly the worst car rental company in the free world. Dollar gave me a car with a tire problem and when it went flat refused to offer any support, telling me "I better find myself a tire store and replace it." The Pines Lodge actually fixed the tire for me and made sure it was safe to drive. Stay at The Pines for sure. But don't ever rent from Dollar. EVER!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank NCW14
south carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2009

My wife and I stayed 3 nitesJan. 4/7. We arrived a few hours prior to check in and they already had a room available for us. The reception staff, concierge, housekeeping and particularly the valet service (Raul) were all superb. Cozy relaxing fireplace lobby with hot choc/cookies in afternoon and internet. Also wireless in rooms. Very nice and large rooms, boot warmers, bottled water included, upscale bathrooms with quality shampoo, soap,etc. Free Starbucks coffee on same floor every morning was a very nice touch. Also newspapers delivered to room as well. We had dinner at the restaurant 2 nites. Excellent chef. Food was outstanding and Tony provides exceptional service. A true ski in with skis left right at door. Not exactly a ski out. A short walk to lift or very efficient shuttle about every 10 minutes or so. Overall a very enjoyable stay and well run Lodge.

• Liked — Very clean, upscale, coffee/newspapers, service, food/bar, location
  • Disliked — short walk to lift..
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lilysouthcarolina
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Pines Lodge at the beginning of January. We arrived very early (noon) so we figured we would need to wait for the room to be cleaned. The check-in staff were so nice. We decided to have lunch in the Grouse Mountain dining room and were treated to a table with a wonderful view. The lunches were delicious. At 1:00, we were told our room was ready. I was a bit concerned we'd get a room in the front of the hotel which may have been loud (based on some of the reviews I've read here). Instead, we received a wonderful room with a fantastic view. I stood at the french doors and took in the breathtaking view.

The bathrooms were nicely appointed and the amenities were generous, high quality products. We enjoyed lounging in the robes provided.

We ate at the Grouse Mountain restaurant twice and our meals were fantastic (the duck was wonderful). The waitstaff were friendly and the wine staff were very helpful (a huge wine menu).

The shuttles to the village were frequent and very easy to access. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes.

I arranged through the concierge to get a massage at the Charters Resort and they had the shuttle take me directly to that hotel. Very nice,

I've been to Switzerland a few times and Beaver Creek reminded me quite a bit of the villages and mountain views there. Of the other ski destinations I've been to in the USA (Copper Mountain, Breckinridge, Winter Park, Keystone), this is my favorite ski destination.

I would recommend this hotel to others and, hopefully, we will return.

• Liked — The location and views
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank deparker
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

My friends and I had a good time. The hotel was very nice and clean, but a bit pricey. The staff (especially the front desk) were very nice and helpfull.

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — The temp in the room was never hot enough.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
princeton, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

Stayed 1 night while traveling around Colorado, would highly recommend the Pines Lodge. Accommadations are top notch for a small hotel, plush confortable. Booked directly through Rockresorts and got a great rate, off season, but the mountains were in their glory with color of the aspen trees and the beauty of Beaver Creek resort area

• Liked — room views
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Tivoli Lodge
Tivoli Lodge
#3 of 30 in Vail
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,206 reviews

Been to The Pines Lodge, A RockResort? Share your experiences!