New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic Experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I have stayed here numerous times in the last 10 years . the service is the best!
Everyone on staff makes a concerted effort to insure the comfort and happiness of their guests. I have stayed in many lovely hotels here and abroad and can say that the Pines is my favorite. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed, the restaurant serves delicious food, it is centrally located and the service is impeccable. Bravo!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robin S
Pines L, General Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Robin S,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel and your loyalty! Our number one goal is to exceed all our guests’ expectations while providing them an experience of a lifetime. From your review it sounds like we achieved this with during your recent stay. Please let me know next time you travel to Beaver Creek so I can ensure you have another great stay here with us at the Lodge.

Kind Regards,

wmacfarlane@vailresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had a Delux kind bed room great size and well furnished,we were on level 3 and had a great view of the village and mountains.the Staff were great and everything was well organised and well run.It was Ski in /Ski out once we had found the right tracks to get off the hill,I would recommend this hotel and we would use it again if we go back to Beaver Creek.

Room Tip: Rooms on a Higher level may suit couples nice and Quite
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave H
Pines L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear SkiVailValley, Thanks for taking the time to share the experience of your recent visit. We always appreciate the kind words about our staff and I do believe our team is what separates us from other properties. We hope to see you again and have a great winter! - Brett Schreiber
Wichita
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Our first stay at a Rock Resort was at the Charter (some years ago). We were blown away by the over the top service. That experience alone sold us on Rock Resorts. While the brand is wonderful, there are some lesser and greater properties in the group. Of the 5 we've tried, the PINES is the star. Service staff is uniformly outstanding, the facility is so welcoming that the common areas beg for you to just sit and soak up the peaceful luxury and the village and slope access is perfect. We have tried accommodation directly at the base and find it too hectic and noisy. The Pines will see us every season.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SkiVailValley
Dear SkiVailValley,

Thank you for your continued loyalty toward RockResorts. So glad to hear you enjoyed the service provide by my amazing staff at the Pines Lodge. Glad to hear we will be seeing you next season and feel free to reach out to me to arrange your next stay!

Regards,

Carterville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Excellence from my first interaction with them: The reservation center. If you are a first timer, I would recommend booking through them, rather than online. They were able to provide excellent advice about what to bring and what we needed to do to ensure the best trip. We booked our private ski lesson with Beaver Creek Ski (& Snowboard) school directly through the Rock Resorts Reservation Center. We also purchased our Ski Lift Tickets through the Reservation Center. We also rented our skis, poles, boots and helmets through the Reservation Center. They use Beaver Creek Sports which provides delivery in lobby or your room, AND has a shop located in the lobby of The Pines Lodge. The Shop in the Lodge is an excellent source of support and can provide you with different gear, if you need to swap something out. I will be honest and say, that because it was our first ever ski vacation, we didn’t even know what a Ski Valet was. We quickly learned to love this service. The Valet staff at the hotel entrance takes your skis when you arrive at the hotel on the shuttle or by car. They store them for you overnight. Then in the morning, when you are ready to ski, all the skis are ready for you to use out on the side porch. Just off the side porch is the ski-in/ski-out path. The path is the quickest way to get down to the Village, on skis or on foot. The path enters The Village right at the Centennial Lift. If you don’t want to take the path, the Village Shuttles are wonderful. You can wait at the standard stops or give them a call and request an “on demand” trip. The rooms at Beaver Creek are nice and big with plenty of storage for all your ski gear. There are hooks, benches, storage boxes, and a closet in the entry way and a very large armoire in the center of the room. Each room has a safe and a mini-frig. The Wi-Fi was sufficient to run all four of our phones/devices. The front desk was quite helpful and the Valets were great. One night when we requested our car, one of the Valet’s said, “I noticed that your washer fluid light was on, want me to top it off?” Wow! We had one hiccup with housekeeping on our last day there, but the General Manager was quick to reach out to us and correct the issue. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone – it was great for our family, but would be good for couples, or a friends trip also.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor and faced downhill/Village side. It was very nice.
3 Thank JenLO62918
Dear JenLO62918, Thank you for the very detailed review of your vacation experience. I always recommend working through our reservation department for the best information about the property and specials throughout the year. This wonderful review has been shared with all the team members mentioned above and hope to see you again before the winter season ends. - Brett Schreiber
Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at the Pines Lodge for a spur of the moment ski trip to Colorado. Unfortunately spur of the moment means take what you can get for lodging. This hotel was really out of our price range but we decided to splurge and go for 4 nite stay. I was expecting to be wowed for the approx. $400 a nite cost but sadly I really wasn't. During my stay little things kept eroding away at my desire to absolutely love this place. Here's the good first and lastly ,the not so great:
-The staff was super friendly, always willing to help out with directions, ideas of things to do, etc
-The room wasn't that large but had lovely bedding, thick robes for both of us, and great towels.
-We loved the Starbucks coffee stand that was set up each morning in our hallway. However I wouldn't want to be the residents of the rooms by that area. It was noisy and each morning different group of kids, sent by their parents, would commander the entire thing. I am a major kid lover but these entitled little rich kids were beyond annoying! They also took over the pool and hot tub so we actually went back to our room several times after trying to take a dip. Never got in either, the first during all the years of ski vacations I've taken.
-The onsite restaurant was absolutely fabulous for dinner. It gets very crowded so don't forget to make reservations. It's a "don't miss".
-The breakfast buffet was very tasty and varied but $30 for hotel guests, really? The first day I loved it but by day 5 I was so over it. The offerings were wonderful but they don't change from day to day. I also think for that price a cup of cappucino would be included. No, alas, you must pay if you'd like one. We would definitely have tried somewhere else to eat but you're a captive audience at this hotel. There is NO where else to go unless you get your car out of valet. (All c ars are valeted, no self parking,) There's nothing within walking distance.
-No paper delivery, another thing you'd come to expect at a hotel of this caliber.
-We found the walls to be thin and could hear the family next door. We knew when they got up and when they went to bed.
-The ski valet was non-existent when we were there in peak season. No one ever helped with our skis and I actually slipped on the icy stairs going down to the locker area, with my skis. Also as for being ski in/ski out good luck with that one. We did it but it's a hike, lots of poling. Trying to find the trail to get back at night was beyond frustrating. It took us 2 days to find it!
-The food from room service at night was abyssmal. We had some chicken dish that we couldn't even begin to saw thru!
Overall a nice hotel but I hated the feeling of being held captive the whole time. I love to put on all the winter weather gear at night and go for long walks thru the town or village, stopping in at litte cafes or shops. There's none of that here. I found the whole "purpose built" atmosphere of Beaver Creek to be a major snooze. Sadly I don't ever see myself going back.

Room Tip: they list all rooms as "superior". Ours was small so I'm not sure what consitutes supe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kitkat09
Dear KitKat09, Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit. Although there are some highlights of your experience I will share with team members, I do apologize for not exceeding your expectations on all facets of the Beaver Creek experience. This is something we will review with management to better service each of our guest. - Brett Schreiber
Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Pros: ski in/ski out, ski valet (they store your skis and poles at night--less lugging of gear), friendly, efficient staff (front desk, bell hop, bartender, housekeeping), quiet rooms, easy shuttle transportation, great hot tub. Cons: not a large airy lobby with fireplace and bar--doesn't make you want to hang out there. Double queen room accommodated 2 adults and 2 teens efficiently. All in all a nice value.

1 Thank annieb40
Dear Annieb40, Thank you for sharing your experience of you recent visit to The Pines. I always enjoy hearing great comments about our team and I will definitely share this with all of the staff. We did recently have a remodel in the lobby and would like to invite you back to The Pines to experience the wood burning fireplace, warm cookies, hot chocolate and cider everyday at 3:30pm after you get off the slopes. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I can't think of one thing that wasn't just perfect during our stay at the Pines. We were there 3 nights before Christmas and found every staff member to be incredibly helpful, jovial and accommodating. The room was luxurious and comfortable, with plenty of space for 4 people and their ski clothes/boots. The filtered drinking water provided in glass bottles in the room was just wonderful, it was so nice to have those, and have them refilled so promptly when asked! The pool was warm and clean, a beautiful peaceful setting, and the hot tub was perfect after skiing in the cold all day. Internet worked perfectly, beds were comfortable and the room temp was easy to control.

We only tried the breakfast buffet at the restaurant and it was definitely worth it - delicious!!! I can only imagine how good dinner would be there. And of course the chocolate chip cookies in the lobby at 3 each day were wonderful (on the days when we weren't getting them at the base of the lifts).

The location is just perfect, just a few minutes' walk from the village and lifts via the ski in/out trail. Very convenient whether walking or skiing. We used the shuttle a couple times at first but preferred the trail once we discovered how close we were to everything!

I'm going back as soon as I can!

3 Thank stephanie a
Dear stephanie a,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Our water on the rocks filtered water program is a hit with all our guests. It is very important to stay hydrated while staying at altitude and the program also eliminates use of plastic disposable containers.

Please come back and visit us again soon!

Regards,

5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,157 reviews
Christie Lodge
Christie Lodge
#4 of 8 in Avon

Been to The Pines Lodge, A RockResort? Share your experiences!