“Very nice”

The Pines Lodge, A RockResort
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are large with one soft chair & footstool, a table & chairs. Free wi fi & valet parking. Coffee, tea & cocoa in room. The bed was so comfy. The restaurants are closed in the spring. We had to travel to Avon for food.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank lovetoeatMichigan

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed for 6 nights at the Pines Lodge at Beaver Creek. Since the day I made my reservation through the phone reservation line the experience was magnificent. They offered me exactly the same price I was able to find over some travel web-sites and gave me the same price. Evenmore, they explained to me in detail the differences between the rooms, services available, ski school, transportation, etc. Once I made my reservation, weeks in advance of my arrival I was contacted by the Concierge of the hotel, who's name is Jennifer Pope. She immediately offered me the different available options to make my stay more pleasant. Unfortunately Jennifer was out of the hotel while I was staying there, but we were contacted by the other concierge, who's name is Brian Summers and he was amazing!!! He did everything to arrange our transportation from the airport to the hotel, provided me all the necessary information for my ski rentals, ski schools, etc. The service at the hotel was fabolous!! The room was great, excellent amenities, services, etc. The restaurant of the hotel was wonderful, probably one of the best restaurants I have ever tried in the US. The food was fantastic and the room service was exactly the same as having dinner at the main dinning room. All the staff is always looking to help you with everything, from turn down service at night to help you with your ski equipment, transportation, etc. Definitely an excellente experience. If you are a skier you can easily take the ski path to Beaver Creek Village or otherwise you can easily use the free shuttle that will take you there in less than 3 minutes. Totally recommended hotel!!

Room Tip: The hotel is not right away on the centennial lifts on the village, so if you are not an expert skie...
3  Thank GuillermoH830
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Pines Hotel is in Beaver Creek, but not right on the plaza, so it's a little quieter, which is good. It's near enough to walk to the plaza though, and of course, since it's BC, they have complimentary shuttle service on-call. The Pines features ski-in, ski-out access (which they should groom more often, as it's used as both a footpath and a ski trail), and lots of nice amenities (freshly baked cookies every afternoon, coffee service in the mornings, cozy blankets for lounging by the fireplaces). The hot tub is relaxing after a day of skiing. Pretty much pure escapism! I didn't want to leave!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank DurangoFam
Pines L, Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Pines Lodge on your recent trip to Beaver Creek. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and thought so highly of our amenities and staff. We do look forward to having you back with us in the near future and please do recommend us to your friends.

Sincerely

The Pines Lodge, A RockResort

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Six of us stayed in Townhome #7. Perfect for a family or group. We live in Denver and the rest of the group from NJ. We travel the world so I think our review is accurate and fair. /the reviews of the Pines hotel I read is very different than staying in the townhomes. The reviews of the hotel are rave so be aware if you stay in townhouses. The townhome was a 3 bdrm, 3 1/2 bath all of which were beautiful and updated, comfortable beds, new carpet. High ceilings, lots of light. It was disappointing that the main floor with living room and kitchen was very dated and didn't match rest of townhouse. Please beware that the Pines promotes that the townhomes have gourmet kitchens. This was NOT gourmet and was at least 30 years old. Ie: old electric stove, pans were very used, hard to cook eggs as they stuck, not consistent adequate cooking utensils like tongs. And about 30% glasswear and coffee mugs had chips in them. There was carpet in the kitchen that was visably dirty. Carpet doesn't belong in the kitchen. The hotel should have warned us ahead of time. Cabinet doors above refrigerator kept coming off. Light switches in kitchn and living area were filthy, needed a good cleaning. And when walking back into hotel lobby during our 5 day stay, their was a lack of staff around. And if there was staff, they kept heads down behind reception, no one on duty as a bellman. Lobby not inviting nor restaurant, something lacking. The Grouse Mountain Grill is good if you are looking for "she she" They definitely do not promote "casual fare" for dinner so if you want to eat at the bar area, be aware it's not casual, yet their portions are very small. Six of us ordered dinner, The filet mignon was about 2" x 1", 2 goat knochi and the gave us 4 knochi per order, the lettuce wraps were very good but small. So very disappointing as it was expensive and small portions. Point is, you don't want a "high end" meal every meal and I think they are missing the boat by not offering an alternative type of dining. My husband and I travel for business and eat out constantly. Sometimes its nice to eat at the bar area as an option. And its definitely a ski in, but ski out was a hike, but we made it work. Walk to village very easy, 10 minutes max and they do have a shuttle and they were great.

Room Tip: The townhouse #7 was all upgraded (bedrooms, bathrooms) except for the main floor and kitchen. The...
2  Thank KitKatDenver-Delray
Pines L, General Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear KitKatDenver-Delray,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review of your recent stay at the Pines Lodge in Beaver Creek. Your valuable feedback on the condition of the main floor/kitchen ensures we are consistently improving our product and services to exceed your expectations. We have shared your review with the owner of the unit and they are scheduling to remodel the main floor this spring.

Please feel free to call me directly to discuss your stay further.

Regards,

(970) 754-7290

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I think this hotel is actually about 4.8 circles for me instead of 5, but I round up. The one thing that was missing for my wife and I was having a bath tub in the room. It is nice after a day of skiing to have a bath to relax in without having to go to the hot tub, but obviously, if that was the only issue we had, it speaks to the quality of the hotel. The service was exceptional from driving up through checkout. The ski storage was extremely handy and skiing right to the front door at the end of each day was really nice as well. Each afternoon we enjoyed the fresh cookies in front of the fire. The boot warmers in each room are very handy, and the heated parking garage ensures you aren't freezing when you retirever your vehicle. There is a free shuttle that runs to the main village areas, but it is also close enough to just walk via the ski path. Overall, this is an excellent choice if you are traveling to Beaver Creek.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 486BrianS

Dear Brian S,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review of your recent stay with us. Your valuable feedback ensures we are consistently improving our services to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon and you can request a room with a bathtub next time you book with us.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed the Pines Lodge for 6 nights, my grandson from Germany joined me for a few days, and my son visited many times, the service was magnificent morning coffee etc on our floor, and evening tea and hot chocolate by the fire in the lounge was a treat, the hot spa and pool was delightful we had it mostly by ourselves, rooms very spacious clean and lovely view from my window overlooking snow covered houses and trees and part of the mountain. which was beautiful as I come from sunny Queensland Australia no snow. A short walk to the shops and the ski parks was a bonus. .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Pines L, General Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Deanna_96

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to the US.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great location and servcie and the Grouse Mountain Grill is a must. The ski-out is somewhat difficult as you go uphill and the ski-in is hard to find the first time around. The ski storage was great. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone. The pool and hot tub area are in a nice secluded area and not busy at all.

Dear tziarnik,

I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review of your most recent stay. Your valuable feedback ensures we are consistently improving our services to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.