“Great pizza - Large Crowds at Peak Times”
Review of Blue Moose

Blue Moose
Ranked #5 of 85 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We are currently closed. We will be re-opening for the summer season on Friday, May 26th at 5pm. Thanks for a great season and we look forward to seeing you then! Located in the heart of Beaver Creek Village, the Blue Moose serves anextensive menu, featuring its signature NY Style pizza, in addition to a variety of appetizers,salads, subs, and hot Italian entrees from a convenient location.This lively Italian eatery offers the perfect locale for a fun and casual dining experience for groups of all kinds and sizes. Kid friendly, from the menu selection down to the paper tablecloths perfect for a creative coloring session, the Blue Moose has established itself as a family favorite amongst the guests of the Vail Valley.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

They've got a great location next to the ice rink rental area, and the main spot where everyone hangs out skating. At peak times there are large crowds. There's nothing the restaurant can do about this, because they would need a bigger kitchen to expand. After everyone skis, they all want to do the same thing, head here for pizza, and they do. At 7pm, you will find a line of people waiting to get in, and the wait is 45 minutes after you order your food. My server told me this and I was good with it, surfed the internet on my phone and looked at pictures I took after a long day of skiing.

Was the wait worth it? Yes. Had the Mediterranean Salad Pizza, took half back to my room.

The best advice I have, is to go at off peak times. If you're staying in the village and it's apres time, it might makes sense to call ahead, get the food to go, and eat in your room. Don't ding the restaurant because of slow service, popular restaurants have that problem, which is a nice one to have.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We eat here on both ski trips each year. It's very laid back, but really good and varied pizza. Reasonably priced, especially for BC. Get there early or be prepared to wait a bit! One great thing for kids (even my older 11 & 15 yr olds) is the paper table cloth and crayons...keeps them busy while we wait for dinner!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Had lunch here twice, both times ordered pizza. The pizza is only ok. Typical non authentic style pizza. Tastes like delivery pizza (dominoes,pizza hut).

During our first visit the service was very slow even though it was a late lunch and the dining area was not full. It took about 20 mins to get 4 slices of pizza. Service was slightly faster during our second visit but there were only 2 tables occupied.

Price was good compared to the other dining options.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Pizza here is awesome - I went here sever times for a bite after skiing. However, I tried it one day for lunch and it took over 1hr to get our pizza. I wish they had let us know that there was something wrong in the kitchen and their would be a delay - I would have gotten a different dish and I would have been happy. No excuse for not letting the customer know ahead of time that their lunch would be this late.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Best pizzas that all the kids adored - beware the spicy jerk one - it blew our heads off! Friendly staff, plenty to keep the kids occupied with paper and pencils. good value, great service

1  Thank Lou H