“Very good pizza”

Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: We are currently closed. We will be re-opening for the summer season on Friday, May 26th at 5pm. Thanks for a great season and we look forward to seeing you then! Located in the heart of Beaver Creek Village, the Blue Moose serves anextensive menu, featuring its signature NY Style pizza, in addition to a variety of appetizers,salads, subs, and hot Italian entrees from a convenient location.This lively Italian eatery offers the perfect locale for a fun and casual dining experience for groups of all kinds and sizes. Kid friendly, from the menu selection down to the paper tablecloths perfect for a creative coloring session, the Blue Moose has established itself as a family favorite amongst the guests of the Vail Valley.
Maryland, USA
“Very good pizza”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We lucked out over MLK Day Wknd. Only waited 15 minutes for a table. The pizza named after Lindsay Vonn was excellent -- chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, goat cheese. Crust was very good. The jerk chicken pizza was good, but very spicy. Would definitely return.

Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizza, casual atmosphere”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I went to Blue Moose twice while vacationing in Beaver Creek. I was a little shied away when I read another reviewer say they had a 1.5 hour wait and they don't take reservations, but there was not a single wait when we went on both a Thursday and Saturday night in January. Pizza was great, down to the crust, and my Italian husband and I are quite pizza snobs. We also went there again after getting poor hostess service at Toscanini a few doors away (don't waste your time there). This time, I opted for spaghetti and my husband had a calzone. The spaghetti was decent, but nothing to write home about, but the calzone was the best I've ever had-crust was so soft and the filling was delicious! We also had cheesy garlic bread as an app both times, and it was great (don't be fooled by the idea of that being boring). One last note: although this was a romantic trip for us, Blue Moose had a very casual, laid-back atmosphere, perfect for families with kids. And prices are just as you'd pay at your local pizza place!

Dallas, Texas
“Good prices and great pizza”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a great pizza meal here in a good family atmosphere. Wait staff were good. Try the Salad PIzza by the slice--so good! Also, every pizza is offered by the slice or whole pizzas, so everyone can have what they want. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2013
“Decent Pizza within ski boot walking distance of the slopes!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Blue Moose is right in the center of Beaver Creek just a few steps from the ice rink and within a very short distance of the Hyatt and the slopes.
It is a more reasonably priced alternative to the fine dining that is prevalent in the village and serves a good selection of pizzas. A favorite with families and the younger more budget conscious crowd, they serve a selection of local beers as well as some pizza compatible domestic beers and wine. The pizzas are freshly prepared and you can choose from an impressive array of toppings.
Good for pick up as well if you want to eat in but not cook. It gets pretty crowded so be prepared to wait at peak times and on pretty days sitting outside is a great alternative.

Oklahoma city
“Nice Pizza place, Long Wait”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've had dinner here twice and both times I enjoyed the atmosphere and pizza. We ordered cheese fries, a couple salads and two pizzas. Pizza is above average. Service is not the greatest (really almost a 2 rating). I understand usually when on the mountain and in general most places like this in the mountains usually take a little longer to get food and just there is no rush but When I'm there for almost 2 hours and I get one refill on my soda I get a little annoyed. I finally asked the waitress for a refill after she came 4 times to the table and I didn't have a drink for a refill. Was out of my soda at the end and never got asked again. Oh well. It also took forever for our pizza and the two tables next to us got there pizza 15 minute before we did and we sat at least 10 min before they did. My 3 year old was just a little hungry.

• Visited December 2012