“Stay away”

Blue Moose
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are currently closed. We will be re-opening for the summer season on Friday, May 26th at 5pm. Thanks for a great season and we look forward to seeing you then! Located in the heart of Beaver Creek Village, the Blue Moose serves anextensive menu, featuring its signature NY Style pizza, in addition to a variety of appetizers,salads, subs, and hot Italian entrees from a convenient location.This lively Italian eatery offers the perfect locale for a fun and casual dining experience for groups of all kinds and sizes. Kid friendly, from the menu selection down to the paper tablecloths perfect for a creative coloring session, the Blue Moose has established itself as a family favorite amongst the guests of the Vail Valley.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Stay away”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Did not care for the Blue Moose one bit. When we arrived, we were starving after a day of hiking and wanted to find something quick. The Blue Moose looked busy but we decided to see what the wait was anyway. To our surpise, the hostess said it should only be about 5 minutes. 25 minutes later I asked how long it would be and the hostess was extremely rude and acted like I was bother her. We decided to order carry out. We had a cheese pizza that was about as ordinary as it gets and we also had the chicken parm pasta and the spaghetti and meatballs. Both were average and the price was anything but average. I will not be going anywhere close to The Blue Moose Beaver Creek again.

• Visited July 2011

Denver, CO area
“I'm picky about "the right crust" and was very pleased”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

While I went there solo, I took the pizza back to my hotel room to share with my wife.

When I say I'm picky, it's not that i'm nuts about it, I just prefer a medium type crust that while not burned or crispy, I like it DONE ! (LoL) Not raw!

I was so very pleased with this pizza, great flavor, nothing overwhelming. I got what I recall to be the "Chicken Ranch" pizza. I was pleased with the wait time and it was pleasantly warm when I got to my room. I would recommend this place for food, atmosphere and price.

• Visited June 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“get the pizza”
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We went here for our first night in Beaver Creek. We ordered pizza, salads, soup, and spaghetti. The waitress forgot to bring the soup, brought the house salad instead of the spinach salad, and disappeared. The spaghetti wasn't good, and comes served with a big glop of cheese melted on the top, with little sauce. When we found the waitress we ordered more sauce to help the flavor out a little. The bottom line is that you should stick with the pizza here. The pizza is pretty good, and after a long day of skiing satisfies. We went back another day and ordered a pizza to go and brought it back to the condo. That way we didn't have to worry about the spotty service. On other days we went to the Market across the way from the Blue Moose and bought groceries to make dinner in our condo. It's double the price of what you'd pay at home, but ends up saving if you're cooking for a family, compared to going out to eat. We made spaghetti, chili, biscuits, with a side of vegetables that are the frozen kind. Another night we bought tortillas, a can of beans, and cheese to make burritos. Chips and salsa on the side.
Bottom line on the Blue Moose:
Get the pizza here. It's pretty good.

• Visited March 2011
Colorado
“Great pizza and salads - very relaxed atmosphere, great for families.”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Best pizza - the Italian salad is one of my favoites on the planet. We found Blue Moose while staying in Vail last year and were quite happy to see there was one in Beaver Creek as well. You can't beat the Cheeseburger Pizza!

• Visited March 2011
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Great food, relaxing atmosphere and good value!”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

My husband and I loved the pizza and salads at Blue Moose. The pizza was surprisingly not greasy and a delicious option after a day on the slopes. Nice, relaxing atmosphere and great service! We paid around $35 for a pizza, two salads and two sodas.

• Visited February 2011