“Great menu across the board; sincere, ernest service”

Grouse Mountain Grill
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Village Road
Transit: Beaver Creek Village Transportation is available by phone for a complimentary ride anywhere within Beaver Creek Resort (970)949-1938.
Description: Enjoy panoramic views, contemporary Colorado cuisine,award winning wine menu, fantastic service and live dinner music. A crackling fireplace sets the mood. Chef David Gutowski was recently invited to present dinner at The James Beard House in Manhattan where he cooked each course with Colorado meats, cheeses fish and produce. The dinner was sold out before it hit the calendar. Come and enjoy the cuisine of this rising star!
Dallas, Texas
“Great menu across the board; sincere, ernest service”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Wonderful experience all around. Two couples having our last vacation meal. Excellent drinks from novel concoctions; great appetizers; probably the best pork chops ever. The waitress worked hard and diligently for us; the manager came by several times to ensure things were going well.
I understand they’ve done a remodel of the room and it’s a bit noisy for my taste but certainly quieter than the average busy steakhouse (which it is not).
I will look forward to my next evening there.

• Visited February 2014

“Great dinner in Beaver Ceek”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Amazing restaurant for gourmets. The menu has great options and the quality of the food is excellent
Cozy ambiance

Visited January 2014
New York
“same terrific food as three years ago”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

great wine list on a tablet- absolutely scrumptious fish dish, decent bread ( always the hallmark of a restaurant that cares)
It comes with excellent attentive service- was always one of my favorites and I will be back

marietta
“Deserving of number 1 in Beaver Creek”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I usually wait a few days to write my review just to give me time to evaluate and think back about my meal. No need to wait tonight. Tonight was fantastic.

We were a party of four. We had a reservation and were met by smiling host staff who took our jackets and walked us to our table. The hostess explained to us their new wine menu, an IPAD!!! The wine list was very extensive and the Ipad was easy to navigate, with both selections by the bottle and by the glass. Even though everything was electronic, the waiter still was helpful with the wine selection.

We started dinner with the lamb meatballs in a risotto and they were scrumptious. We only had one other appetizer, the kale salad and it was very good as well. Then came our main courses. I had the sliced strip steak over sweet corn risotto. My wife had a filet with a cauliflower puree. Our guests had the trout and the lamb. We could probably argue for years over which entree was better and never come to an agreement. They were all fantastic. My wife's filet was 2" thick and it was the same color, red, throughout. I have never seen a steak without some brown on the top and bottom but this steak was perfect throughout.

Then, if you thought the entrees were good we shared the 7 layer chocolate something or other. There wasn't enough left on the plate to show what was left.

Throughout the dinner, the waiters were always present but never hovering. Water glasses were never empty but you never felt like they were watching you. The wait staff was friendly and willing to talk even though by the time we left the restaurant was full.

This meal was truly exceptional and Grouse Mountain Grill certainly deserves it's status as the best in Beaver Creek.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Came to our rescue!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Dear Grouse Mountain - thank you for saving the evening. We had an unsatisfying dinner at another local restaurant and were still hungry. We decided to return to our hotel at The Pines and hoped GM could seat us without reservations AND for apps & dessert only.

After notifying the hostess of our situation, she gladly led us to a cozy fireside table for two and propped a PC tablet on the table that was our electronic wine menu. Looking around, I liked the new remodel of the dining room. It wasn't anything extraordinary, but it was very comfortable yet had a quiet, laid back dignity.

Carlos was our server, and we informed him we were only there for starters and dessert. He was completely unfazed by this, and in fact brought us a basket of beautiful bread and butter, of which I devoured. He was also very attentive, funny, and personable... a welcome attitude that was worlds apart from the service we had just experienced at the other establishment. The other staff also appeared warm and friendly as they bustled around, but a few seemed surprised whenever we thanked them for pouring our waters or clearing our table.

The duck confit tater tots were excellent - crispy on the outside and soft on the inside with just the right amount of fat and meatiness. YUM. The buffalo carpaccio was delicious with its accoutrements, though the slices of meat were thicker than I expected. Its parmesan tuile was an artistic addition. Both dishes were definitely heartier than the "small" plates I was expecting.

But if there was one thing that stood out, it was our dessert. I can't remember what it was called, but it consisted of a long stick of pretzel from which a huge row of brioche donuts were suspended. It was served with a trio of sauces, of which I recall blackberry, an alcohol-infused anglaise, and some red one. The entire thing was bigger than expected and wholly satisfying. This dessert blew us away.

We ended our GM experience with a pot of chamomile tea each. I would have liked to see something a little more exotic or exclusive given the price, but the tea did its job.

RECOMMENDED.