“Exceed our expectations based on prevoius reviews”
Review of Toscanini

Toscanini
Reserve with OpenTable
Toscanini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 87 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Across from the ice rink
Description: Toscanini is nestled at the base of Beaver Creek Mountain, next to the skating rink in the heart of the village. The alpine backdrop lends itself to la dolce vita, and the atmosphere is lively and informal. The cuisine is stylish and contemporary, the flavor authentically Italian. Watch our chefs prepare individual pizzas, house-made pastas, and fresh seafood in the open kitchen. Enjoy a selection from our Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Italian wine list. Our newly expanded bar and lounge is the perfect stop for cocktails, small dishes or dinner before heading down the escalators to the Vilar Center for the Arts. Toscanini is open daily at 3pm for apres and 5pm for dinner. 2017-2018 Winter Season (November 18th - April 14th). Serving Daily 3pm - Close. Apres from 3-5pm in the bar, lounge and patio. Dinner from 5pm - close. 2017 Summer Season (June 2nd - October 7th). Apres from 3-5pm in the bar, lounge, and patio. Dinner from 5pm - close.
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My wife had the trout with spaghetti squash and asparagus along with a harvey wallbanger. I had the mussels in a pomodoro type clam sauce with ciabatti bread and 2 glasses of Banfi wine. The food was of excellent quality and presentation with superb service at reasonable prices for Beaver Creek. The ambience is lovely.

1  Thank lilysouthcarolina

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I ate here with a group of friends and had a terrible experience. The foor was mediocre and the service was terrible. We weren't asked what we wanted to drink when our waitress first came over and she visited the table 4 times at most during the entire dinner including taking our order and bringing the check. She didn't ask us if we enjoyed our meal or basically anything other than what do you want for dinner.

I would never come back to this place because of the terrible service. There were a few tables of regulars around us and it was very upsetting how much better their service was. The manager came over to chat up both tables for a few minutes and the waitress was constantaly checking on them and chatting with them.

If you're in Beaver creek go anywhere but this place because every meal we had was better than this one, including our cheap pizza at Blue Moose Pizza which also had better service.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

I have been all over the country and world and have dined at a plethora of fine places and am a very very picky eater.

When I read the reviews prior to going to Toscanini frankly I was a bit nervous. However after eating there I was pleasantly surprised and decided I needed to give trip advisor some real feedback.

I arrived with a party of 12 and was treated very well from the staff. The cocktails were perfect strength and $100 bottles of red wine were excellent and smooth.

I had the heirloom tomato soup as an appetizer it was also excellent.

For my main course I had the Maiale - "Braised pork osso bucco with a roasted butternut squash farro, spiced fig gremolata and sage scented pork reduction" $36
This was very well prepared, the meat was tender and cooked to perfection, an the farro (similar to a rice) was delicious!

I also tried the Penne platter which was also excellent.

Dessert coffee was also great.

Overall a delicious meal in a great location! Don't be afraid of the other reviews!

1  Thank travelsunandsnow
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We have been vacationing in Beaver Creek since 1994.This past trip my husband and I dined in Toscanini on 01/10/11.We walked over without a reservation and were greeted by the hostess who said she had a table for two but needed to seat a large party first.We went to the bar for a drink and ordered a $140.00 bottle of red wine .We kept checking over the next 30 minutes but the hostess repeatedly said she had to wait for the large party to be seated .The restaurant was crowded but tables were available.Finally the hostess showed us to a table directly next to a large pole.We refused this table and decided to dine at the bar.The bar is next to the open kitchen and as our salad was served I could see chef fire up my rack of lamb.The lamb was pulled off the grill as we finished our first course.We waited for 25-30 minutes for our entrees to come as my lamb sat on a side table.When dinner was served the lamb was undercooked and cold.I asked for grilled asparagus and was given creamed spinach.The bartender returned after my dinner was finished and said they were out of asparagus.As an award winning restaurant they need to pay attention to detail and stop packing in diners they cannot and will not accommodate.They should serve their daily patrons by the same standard they serve the critics who honored them with an award.

1  Thank stellar12
Reviewed December 26, 2010

We first tried this restaurant when it first opened quite a few years ago. Unfortunately, the food qualit and service have gone down the drain. Appetizers took 45 min to arrive and our waiter was nowhere to be found. When entrees came, the rissotto was overcooked and he overall food quality was substandard. Essentially, this Place has turned into an expensive tourist trap with poor food quality.

1  Thank Ea105