“Elegance in the Mountains”

Splendido at the Chateau
Reserve with OpenTable
Splendido at the Chateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 83 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Hill Road
Transit: "Village Transportation" brings guests from anywhere in Beaver Creek free of charge.
New York City, New York
“Elegance in the Mountains”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Colorado, if not the most of the West. The food is always consistently delicious and creative. It's the best fine dining in the Vail area and after eating at most of the other restaurants in the area, I have to say that Splendido never disappoints the way the other trendy and celebrity minded chef restaurants always seem to.

Don't leave without having the Lamb...best lamb in the state!

NYC, NY
“An elegant meal in Beaver Creek”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

We had a very nice meal at Spendido while staying in Beaver Creek. The food is very good (but not outstanding) environment is very nice and elegant. Friendly staff, the piano playing was a plus.

Chicago, IL
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 14, 2010

If you stuffy, frumpy, expensive dinners with an older crowd this is your spot. As I sit to write this review I am getting mad thinking about how over the top this place pretends to be....how expensive it was...and how Zach's is SO MUCH BETTER!!!

See my blog at http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/

We arrived a bit early and had a seat at the bar. Bartender was busy and was not very interested in getting us a drink. When we did get seated we were told we got the "power" table because it was in a corner and looked back over the room. It did not help that a loud mouthed NYer was talking LOUD about how great he was....I just wanted to drag his fat [--] out into the snow and give him a "white wash".

Tim E was our waiter and he was very good at up selling us on everything we ordered. He was good, but methodical, and was a bit more interested in his other (older) tables.

I had the Gnocchi as an app and it was really good, but also REALLY SMALL (maybe 6 pieces), while Hot Mamma had the crab cake (it was great).

Then I had the NY Strip which was really cooked to perfection and I did really enjoy it...while Mamma had the Ono - she thought it was plain and just ok.

We did have a nice bottle of wine (Expensive, and Tim had recommended one that was $50 more), and the BEST DESSERT I HAVE EVER HAD - the "Candy Bar". I believe I did lick the plate.

After getting our check I couldn't wait to be out of the morgue and to get back to the Park Hyatt and have a shower.......

Way too pretentious for me, but the food is REALLY GREAT!

I would not return......

1 Candy Bar 10.00
1 697 Domaine Serene Evans 125.00

Total - $293.65

UK
“Great food, great service, great ambience - the best in Beaver Creek”
Reviewed January 7, 2010

The surroundings on arrival were beautiful and the welcome gracious. The large dining room blends well from the bar round to the open kitchen and on both occasions we dined there. there was a warm buzz throughout. Service was attentive, well informed and not at all pushy. Wine and water were unobtrusively kept topped up and the wine recommendation was not in the top range of prices and led to good value. The food was outstanding - the signature foie gras, king crab claws and the gnocchi were all noteworthy appetizers while the rack of lamb was truly exceptional and my son rated his NY strip steak as the best he's eaten. Peanut Candy Bar dessert was a "dish too far" being possibly the richest dessert on earth, but that's splitting hairs after the delights that preceded it.
On food, service and ambience Splendido merits the crown as best in Beaver Creek and on top of that it is great value when compared to the other restaurants in town. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and can't wait to go back

San Antonio, Texas
“Ruined Birthday”
Reviewed December 19, 2009

By far the most unfortunate selection of a restaurant to celebrate an occasion.
The wait staff is rude and surly. Making matters worse is the staff asking if we were "locals" - as if you need to own property at Beaver Creek to be treated properly at a restaurant. It ruined the birthday and to date no one from the restaurant has responded to the complaint. I'm just stunned and at a loss to understand how this restaurant was selected to be an award winner by Open table. It is nowhere near a truly hospitable experience.

If you are coming into Beaver Creek for Christmas - avoid this restaurant unless you own property at BC.

2 Thank ajhdac