“It doesn't get any better than this”

Splendido at the Chateau
Reserve with OpenTable
Splendido at the Chateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Hill Road
Transit: "Village Transportation" brings guests from anywhere in Beaver Creek free of charge.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was our second visit to Splendido at the Chateau. It is one of the finest restaurants, anywhere in the world. Last year we walked in, and while there were no tables available, we were seated and the bar and had a wonderful meal and experience. This year we made a reservation and had another awesome meal. From the minute you arrive, these folks make you feel welcome. The service is attentive, not overbearing and the quality, preparation and presentation of the food is outstanding.

If you are looking for a evening, you should visit Splendido; you will long remember it, and want to come back soon. Splendido is expensive, by hey, from my perspective well worth the price. We look forward to returning next year on our visit to Beaver Creek.

1  Thank SkipBarnette

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We live in Beaver Creek part of the year and love dining out once or twice a week. We usually stick to the great restaurants in the medium price range but ever so often we like to splurge. Splendido is most definitely a splurge. The hostess attempted to seat us at a corner table but when we pointed out a lovely table for two by a window overlooking the village, she graciously seated us there without hesitation. We had no less then three servers waiting on us which guarantees that you are never overlooked for a moment but it also makes one feel just a bit rushed - our meal start to finish was around 50 minutes with the entree zooming out right on top of the appetizer. We started with wine by the glass and chose the grilled scallops and the crab cake as appetizers. I love, love, love crab cake and this was one of the best I've ever had with large chunks of juicy crab and a delicious sauce. But the grilled scallops were even better served over roasted vegetables. Both great choices. For the entree I chose the Sea Bass and my husband chose the Buffalo Au Poivre. Again, my husband was the winner with his choice of a juicy med-rare cut of meat served with whipped garlic potatoes and vegetables. Peppery and wonderful on the tongue. I was underwhelmed by the Sea Bass. I'm fairly certain it had been frozen as it had a somewhat rubbery texture. It was served over a stew of white beans. Good, but no real wow factor. We decided not to order dessert - nothing really popped for us on the menu. I feel the whole experience was somewhat uneven and when I pay this much for a meal, I expect a great deal more. Without dessert and only one glass of wine each, we still paid just under $200. I know it's a resort and food on the mountain does not come inexpensively, but there are better choices in Beaver Creek. Grouse Mountain Grill and Beano's being two that I would highly recommend.

3  Thank Jewelsworld
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Our first visit to Splendido in Dec 2011 was fabulous - but it was off season and the restaurant was only 1/3 full. My wife and I were looking forward to another great experience last night - but that didn't happen. The car Valet was friendly, the Coat Check girl was welcoming, and the Hostess was pleasant. But as we walked in there was a private corporate cocktail party in the bar area - crazy crowded - everyone with name badges on - definitely took away from the "chateau" experience. Oh well - the hostess was very nice and said our table wasn't quite ready yet. No prob - we wondered through the crowd and (luckily) we found 2 seats at the bar. We sat at the bar over 5 mins - no bartender in sight - which should have been our first sign that this was an off night. The hostess then came to get us as our table was ready. Great. The restaurant was busy, but there were several empty tables. After being seated, it was over 5 mins until the waitress came over. She quickly said hello and gave us water then left. After another 5 mins, I flagged our waitress down to order cocktails. After the drinks came we ordered our food - it just seemed everything took forever and our witress, even though not rude, seemed to respnd to every request with a short and curt response - like she was having a bad day and didn't want to be there let alone serve us. My wife ordered her salad with ranch dressing on the side - it came with house dressing mixed in. Having to flag our waitress down - it took a good 15 mins to get a replacement salad. Our entrees came over 1hr after we sat down - the Coq au Vin and the Beef Short Ribs - both tasted fantastic. My wife then found a hair in her risotto. I told her to send it back - my wife pointed at our cocktail glasses that have been empty for a while (no one asking if we needed another). My wife said that she would ignore it and kept eating. 2 additional hairs later, my wife said "I can't do it". No one checked how we were doing. And what added salt to the wound - there was a table next to ours with a "regular" - the Manager was kissing there butts constantly and calling other servers (including ours) over to help. I understand catering to regulars is the bread & butter of any restaurant, but it shouldn't be at the expense of other customers. We were done. I flagged our waitress down (a common theme for the night) and asked for the check. She didn't ask if everything was ok, how was our experience, just dropped the check on the table, $220. The Coat Check girl was the first person to ask how our experience was - we were honest - and she was truly apologetic and couldn't have been nicer. We probably won't be back to Splendido - definitely not in season. A $200 meal is to expensive for hairy food and Taco Bell service.

1  Thank Katsandcards_8
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We ate dinner at Splendido on Saturday Feb. 22nd, 2014 and I must say the entire meal from start to finish was absolutely splendid. I was dining with my wife and 2 children ages 6 and 10. When we dine out we only eat at the finest restaurants such as Ruth's Chris, Capital Grille, etc. And I must say our meal at Spendido was probably thee finest meal I ever ate in a restaurant. We started with a cheese tray appetizer and the kids had tomato soup and my wife had the lobster bisque. For our main course my wife had the broiled lamb chops, my daughter had pasta with tomato sauce, and my son and I had the bone in rib eye steak for 2 with béarnaise sauce. While all of our meals were just incredible the rib eye steak was the best steak I ever ate in a restaurant far superior than Ruth's Chris or Capital Grille. The béarnaise sauce had incredible flavor and was the perfect accompaniment to the fine steak. My wife's lamb chops were cooked to perfection and had incredible flavor. The service was outstanding and our water glasses were always full and I never had to ask twice for anything. I would highly suggest dining here if you want an absolute incredible meal for that special occasion or just a fine night out. We will make it a point to eat here every time we are in the Vail area. Please note that this restaurant is very expensive however you only get what you pay for. Our tab was $360.00 including tip and my wife had a glass of wine. I would not let the price stop you from eating here as it was worth every penny!

1  Thank caymankid
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The atmosphere and quality of food and service at Splendido is truly top notch. This was one of the best meals I had while in Beaver Creek. The only draw back is the location. We were staying in the village, and had trouble with the shuttle to and from dinner (not at all the restaurants fault).
For dinner we started with the spaghetti and the pork belly. Portions were small but delicious. The pasta is freshly prepared. For entrees we had the coq au vin, which was plentiful and very well prepared, and the rabbit. The rabbit was a very creative presentation, including rabbit ribs--which are tiny but unique and a different options.