“Excellent in Every Way”

Splendido at the Chateau
Reserve with OpenTable
Splendido at the Chateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 86 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Hill Road
Transit: "Village Transportation" brings guests from anywhere in Beaver Creek free of charge.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Four of us enjoyed a lovely evening at Splendido. It seems like everyone is doing a crisp pork belly these days and I think that is a super addition to any menu. It was simply great. I am a sucker for Sole meunière and the restaurant did not disappoint. In fact, I have never had it better. The buffalo tenderloin was another stand out for our group as was the jumbo lump blue crab. The service was first rate and there is an extensive and excellent if somewhat overpriced wine list. This is not a meal to rush so plan on making an evening of it and enjoy a first class experience. O yes, they pour a good martini as well.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived about 4:50 just to experience Splendido. We had been told it was great. We were there for a glass of wine on the patio. The hostess(in place ready to go) informed us the bar didn't open until 5:00 she then turned to a guy behind the bar and said "can we go ahead and serve them they just want a glass of wine?" To which he responded "we don't open until 5:00".
Needless to say our first impression was not good.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Outstanding food. The elk tenderloin is the best elk (my favorite meat) I have had prepared in a cherry sauce. Wine list is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. It is disappointing to have to pay 3 or 4 times the price of a bottle of wine that I could have bought in a liquor store.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Another magnificent dinner. Fois gras, the lobster was outrageous !!! Dover sole melted in your mouth. We were going to the Vilar for a show so could not stay for dessert. I love this restaurant ...I think my all time favorite . The wait staff is perfect.
Want to go on a lovely evening and dine on the deck. Besutiful setting. I could go on and on!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We arrived at Splendido at 5:30pm for dinner. There was no other Customers in the restaurant. I was getting snow blind by all the white table cloths. Our table of four did not have a reservation. We asked if we could be seated in the dinning room. The Hostess said that we could not sit in the dinning room but could sit on the deck. The chairs on the deck were tilted up against the tables as to not get wet because it had just been raining. We as a group were excited to visit with one another so we sat down and did not complain. We ordered a Bottle of wine and started to visit. Soon it started to down pour. My wife got up from the table to see if we could sit inside. They said that we could sit at a table in the bar that was less than 24 inches round. At this time there is very few people in the Restaurant. Again, we did not complain but we thought how are we going to have dinner on the table. We went on to have dinner and the food was un-inspired. This restaurant is just practicing. They need more talent and training.

1  Thank Jmcca29920