“Excellent choice!”

Splendido at the Chateau
Reserve with OpenTable
Splendido at the Chateau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 84 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Scott Hill Road
Transit: "Village Transportation" brings guests from anywhere in Beaver Creek free of charge.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

after many years visiting the Beaver Creek area, we happened upon the Splendido at the Chateau. We have traveled all over the world and the 4 of us all thought this was one of the best meals if not the best we have ever had. from the ambiance to the food, to the extensive wine list, all were excellent.

Denver, Colorado
“Watch your debit/credit card for double charges”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

After looking forward to dining at this restaurant for a month, I was not exactly pleasantly surprised. The service was good and the food was good, but not great. We had the shellfish platter to begin with and the shrimp were rather small and the lobster pretty tasteless. The entrees were good as was the dessert, but not spectacular.
What infuriated me was that the waiter, in an attempt to keep a 'cash' tip - ran my debit card twice. So I ended up with two pending charges. This was ridiculous considering this put a hold on the funds in my bank account. Instead of running the 'tip' he ran the whole thing again with an excuse of ' he was trying to changing the authorization'. Well, anyone with a credit or debit card knows you can't 'change' an authorization. I immediatley called the restaurant and the manager couldn't 'help' me, so now I am waiting to here from their accountant to get this fixed. I am infuriated to say the least. No waiter should play with my debit card as if it was 'monopoly' money.

3 Thank Kemberly H
San Diego, California
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is a real treat. From the lounge/piano bar, large fireplace setting to the lovely castle like ambiance. The service is impeccable, wonderful wine selection and creative dishes. Outrageously expensive. I would come here again for a special occasion or if I win the lottery.

Visited January 2013
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food and service was outstanding. We ordered the crab cakes which were truly divine. The best I have had. Their main lobster was also excellently prepared. Service was prompt even with a full restaurant. What I was not satisfied about is that we ordered 2 bottles of Prosecco and instead of being charged for the 2 bottles were charged for 8 glasses. Server mention that their computer system was set up that way and that there was not an option for charging by the bottle. It just sounded very bizarre, but we did not refute it. We ordered 2 glasses of Prosecco while we were waiting to be sat down and then a bottle of Prosecco as soon as we sat down. It was a very memorable experience, but I would clear with the waiter beforehand how you will get charged for the wine. In all restaurants a bottle is less expensive than 4 glasses.

New York, NY
“Fine, but not impressive”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

A destination restaurant like this should do a bit better. Nothing that blew us away. Good mains and appetizers, but service was a bit unsteady and kids' menu was stingy. Nice looking room off the lobby of the Chateau.

Visited December 2012