“Very good restaurant since about the 30 years we've been coming” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Eagle Inn Restaurant

Golden Eagle Inn Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 82 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a relaxed fine dinning restaurant located on the plaza in Beaver Creek serving lunch and dinner for over 27 years, specializing in creative American cuisine cooked from scratch and presented with a courteous attentive service.
Lone Tree, Colorado
“Very good restaurant since about the 30 years we've been coming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

We've frequently eaten at the Golden Eagle for almost 30 years, and have always found that long-time manager Don Bird is usually there to ensure everything is very good. Very fine service, staff, food and decor. Always an interesting choice of food, affordably priced. And of course very conveniently located in the heart of Beaver Creek.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank cbk314

Irving, Texas
“Still Flying High After 20 Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

As far as the recent previous poor review is concerned, I have nothing to say other than "stick to Miami".

My wife and I dined here at this "gold standard" in Beaver Creek after 20 years due to job relocation and it was far too long for us to miss this great culinary experience. The chicken vegetable soup du jour was homemade & incredible - the dinner salad my wife enjoyed

was crisp, tasty & fresh. I had the roasted Peking duck & the wife had the rabbit special - both left us craving more, but we wanted to save room for dessert, ie profiteroles - heaven on a plate.

Service was friendly & professional - dinner at the Golden Eagle Inn is a Beaver a Creek tradition for us...and always will be!!!

Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
“Worst service I have ever had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Everything was great until my husband received his filet mignon, instead of medium rare, it was well done. He asked politely to have it redone to the manager who had come to check on us. Without any type of apology or acknowledgement, he took the plate. Twenty minutes later, after asking our waiter for the dish, nothing. Half hour later, when we had all finished our meal, still no filet. We called the manager and asked him to just get us the check and forget the filet. Again, no word of apology or regret. We waited another 5 minutes for the check, and nothing. We got up and went to pay directly at the bar. A few minutes later the waiter shows up with the filet wrapped to go and the check with the filet on it. Of course, my husband refused the filet and refused to pay for it. The waiter apologetically took it off and said he was told by the manager that we wanted it to go. The manager standing by did not offered an apology at anytime. This has to be the worst example of a manager I have ever seen. And the chef needs to learn that when something comes back to the kitchen, it should have priority to go back out. Never again will we visit this place!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Strazan, General Manager at Golden Eagle Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Ms. Paola G,

I regret you did not enjoy your stay at our restaurant. However, I respectfully disagree with your presented version of the facts. That being stated, I am wholeheartedly sorry you left dissatisfied. We strive to provide a courteous and timely service and obviously we did not meet your expectations.

Kind Regards,
David Strazan
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had a great dinner of trout, elk, chicken and salads. The service was perfect - just the right amount of attention and timely delivery. Best trout ever! The dining room decor was beautiful. We will be returning every trip we make to BC!

• Visited March 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
“Fresh and Creative Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

After a long morning of skiing, I told a local I wanted an awesome sandwich. He suggested Golden Eagle. We loved it so much we went back the next day, as well. I sampled the rich chili, a crunchy BLT&A and a super-tasty vegetable and goat cheese sandwich (with sweet potato fries). All were great. When I return, I'll be trying another one of the items on the menu since so many look so good. Everything was fresh, flavorful and filling. Highly recommend.

Visited March 2014