“Great Trout. Odd waitress”

Golden Eagle Inn Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 85 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a relaxed fine dinning restaurant located on the plaza in Beaver Creek serving lunch and dinner for over 27 years, specializing in creative American cuisine cooked from scratch and presented with a courteous attentive service.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

From the outside it doesn't look nice but inside is very nice. The Trout was great. Our waitress was so odd. She had red hair. We almost walked out because she seemed to be annoyed with us and during our conversation she put down all the other Resturants in the area and said they were over rated. Hers is the best. Then later she said she never goes out to eat. Just odd!!! They need to hire someone with real knowledge.

There are newer reviews for Golden Eagle Inn Restaurant

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were very satisfied with a lunch of organic chicken sandwich with brie, sun dried tomatoes, lettuce and greek salad with steelhead trout. The flavors of the food was very good. Wait staff
attentive and prompt. We would definitely return and warmly recommend.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We ate here yesterday for lunch and was very disappointed with the food and service. They hardly had any customers but it took us 45 minutes to get our food. People that sat down 20 minutes after us had their food. The waiter said there was a mix up in the back and it would be right out. 15 minutes later my husband went to the manager and he was going to check on it. My fish and chips then came out cold and it was another five minutes later my daughter's grilled cheese sandwich came out. No apologies whatsoever. I was afraid to send my fish back because it would have taken even longer. The food was okay but not worth the hassle. To the management: when someone complains at least apologize.

1  Thank JCTXDallas_TX
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We went there last night. Sat outdoors. Good and friendly service. My wife had Caesar salad and Char and rated the restaurant a 4. But her fish portion was very small, and I think she was being too kind. I had Calamari appetizer and Ribeye steak and rated this restaurant as a 3. The Calamari serving was only $8, about the same price as the house salad. I was surprised the price wasn't a bit higher. I got an overly large portion with very small Calamari and it was quite chewy. Would have been better with less quantity and better calamari size and tenderness, even if they have to charge a buck more. The ribeye was very thin and needed a lot of trimming. At about $34, it was WAY overpriced! The veggie side was delicious. Their speciality drink, a Pimms Cup, was very refreshing. Good wine and beer list. This place is just "OK", but probably won't go back unless we want to sit outside and people watch and not expect too much.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The food and service here are among the best in the village. Prices are reasonable (for Beaver Creek) and the wait staff is efficient and friendly. The trout is wonderful and the wine list very nice. Outside seating is available. Don't miss this one.