“Where the locals go”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Where the locals go”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The 'Yote is THE place for locals to hang out. It is packed, noisy, and fun. I was working the Talon Crew during this year's World Cup races and we went there almost every night. As for food, it was mediocre--fajitas were cold and not particularly tasty. The wait staff does a spectacular job keeping track of who orders what in a setting that is total confusion. My recommendation: go for a pre-dinner drink then try somewhere else for your meal. Or--drop in after your meal to see everybody.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Don C

Bonner Springs, Kansas
“Chili!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

It was a chilly fall night, I was by myself, & needed to get warm fast. Enjoyed a steaming hot bowl of their Green Pork Chili--wow was it good, & I left warm & refreshed. Would definitely go back.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank jrink55
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible (& racist?) -Didn't even get a water in 25 mins”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I were visiting over Labor Day and were seated outside--it was busy, but not crazy as there were a couple open tables on the patio. The table next to us was seated at the same time and the waitress took their drink orders, brought their drinks, AND took their food orders--all pretty quickly. We tried to make eye contact and hail her over, but she ignored us. Another table next to us was seated 20+ minutes after us, and another waitress came almost immediately to give them waters and take their order. At this point, my husband said enough and we got up and walked out. We're both ethnic, and I'm not usually one to pull the discrimination card, but all the other tables were getting served and were white patrons. We'll stick to Vail after this.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lili T
Colorado
“Fun, great staff”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food (and food selection) was OK, but the staff was outstanding. Fun place, very casual, a little crowded and noisy.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank wishccr
Tucson, Arizona
“Great casual dining”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Love both the service and food at this casual establishment. We ate outdoors on the patio on a cloudy day and had quick, courteous service from our server. We enjoyed the fish tacos which were among the best I have ever had and at a reasonable price too.

• Visited August 2012