“We too are HOOKED on Hooked”
Review of Hooked

Hooked
Reserve with OpenTable
Hooked is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 85 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ice Skating Rink
Transit: Beaver Creek Shuttles (only in Beaver Creek)
Description: We are closed from October 29th - November 18th Hip and happening seafood restaurant with sushi bar and Market with s great daily hook up from 1:50pm to 5pm.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband & I stay in the Beaver Creek village twice each year. We really enjoyed the last sushi place & were so bummed to see it had closed. We LOVE sushi and have tried it all over the world. We saved Hooked for our last night in the village & let's just say, we saved the BEST for last. The staff was top notch, friendly & great. We never had to wait around or look for our waitress, she was always there on top of our requests. The restaurant is small, but if you want a large space, try the cafeteria on the mountain, maybe that is more your style. I love the changes they made to the space & they use it well. The wooden tables are so Colorado. The fish could not be more fresh. It is flown in daily from Hawaii per our chef & waitress. You sure could tell! We loved the fish presentation they provide to each table, showing you what options they have, different types of fish, etc. That was so cool! We were immediately impressed. We asked for the albacore raw (not seared) and the chef came out to tell us he just got some new fresh albacore that would be perfect for that. Again, how cool! It was AMAZING! We ordered 2 plates of the sashimi albacore & it was over $20 each but like we all know & love to say, this is Beaver Creek, what do you expect?! Being sushi lovers, we are used to the hefty price tag & being Beaver Creek frequent visitors, we understand. We had the special roll of the night which was amazing and the size was perfect. We had the salmon & tuna sashimi, both delicious and amazing. We will definitely be back and make this a regular stop when we visit BC. If you love sushi, this is your place. If you don't eat raw fish, there is plenty on the menu for you as well. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were going to the Vilar Center for a show, so I was looking for a place to eat before it in Beaver Creek. I had read about Hooked on Trip Advisor, so when we were got to the middle of town and saw it, I wanted to try it. It is a small eclectic place with a mix of high-stooled tables, regular tables and a sushi bar. It was quite busy and we were seated right away (note they do not take reservations). The menu was equally eclectic with a variety of sushi, cooked fish offerings in a variety of styles as well as non-fish options. Our first delight was when the chef brought around a board with a variety of fish on it and explained options we could have for dinner. We were intrigued by the option of having half the fish done sashimi style and half "flash fried" and ordered that one, large enough for two, with a side of brussel sprouts and clam chowder to start. The waitress brought the absolutely delicious soup in two bowls, because the chef "knew we were sharing it". My first WOW. Then came the sashimi. Our second WOW. Four different ways of preparing the fish sashimi style were served in succession. As we finished one, another amazing version was served. (Each was explained by the server). Then came the flash fried fish...our third WOW, with the delicious side of brussel sprouts.

I think we started to make plans to come back (staying in Vail) almost from the start and our experience did not change our mind. Hooked is not just a sushi bar, it is a unique restaurant, with a creative concept to delight the diner in many ways. Can't wait to go again! WOW!

1  Thank eve1950
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited Hooked for the first time during happy hour, being interested in what Sushi options were available. I came away lacking from the entire experience, and would like to highlight the following to help this new location get on its feet:

1. Not having an actual happy hour menu to reference can cause problems - when the server arrived and was asked about happy hour, he had to think hard about what the menu even was. Choices were unclear and led to...

2. ...confusion in ordering. I asked for a two-piece sample from the happy hour menu of roll as described by the host in #1, but the server ordered me two complete rolls instead of two pieces, which were then sent back.

After the ordering was figured out, I sampled the four-piece spicy salmon. The selection was prepared quickly, but was chewy and with little flavor.

In the future, I hope that servers can confirm the Happy hour menu and order choices when taking orders. And having a printed or laminated happy hour menu will help both servers and customers.

2  Thank Rbakken
Riley R, Owner at Hooked, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Want More, Come back we have a great happy hour no menu needed it's not that confusing

$1.50 Daily Hook-up(what we want to make thats amazing in a couple bits)
$2.00 Beers(coors draft)
$3.00 2pc nigiri/ sashimi (tuna,salmon,eel, kampachi)
$4.00 Rolls (spicy tuna, spicy salmon, cuc and avo, shredder)
$5.00 hot sake or 2 top shelf oysters

we are talking wall to wall people eating and having a good time
fast pace and havin a good time

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went here for lunch and enjoyed the sushi...pricey but not much different from the rest of Beaver Creek.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food was awesome. Everything we tried was delicious. Not to expensive for beaver creek either. Our server was forgetful. She said she never works lunches though. I'm not sure how much different remembering an order is from lunch to dinner. I enjoyed the food so much I visited hooked for lunch and dinner on my stay in beaver creek.