“Great family skiing”

Beaver Creek Ski Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular year-round resort in the Rockies offers excellent snow skiing and snowboarding in the winter and exhilarating sports such as mountain biking and hiking in the summer.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

No lift lines. Friendly staff. Larkspur is a long run that allows the opportunity to be as difficult or as easy as you want on a single run.excellent atmosphere, food, and drink. Had planned to go to Vail but cancelled b/c BC had everything we wanted.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)
All reviews
"bachelor gulch"
in 52 reviews
"ski area"
in 80 reviews
"warm chocolate chip cookies"
"free cookies"
in 17 reviews
"snow conditions"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The snow in March in Beaver Creek is different to february snow. It is started melting already, however it is soft and it is enjoyable condition to ski in Beaver Creek.
There are several great runs at Beaver Creek for everybody. Beginners will enjoy this place for skiing as well as very experienced skiers.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Perfect location for families with a range of skiing abilities. The ski school is second to none and worth every penny. Whether you are skiing on the mountain or just walking around the village, there is a friendly face nearby to answer any question you may have. The village is quaint, small and contained. In the center there is a year-round ice skating rink, surrounded by fireplaces and sofas. However, my only complaint is perfection comes with a price! $$$

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I skied a lot this year in a lot of different states and Felt that Beaver Creek, for the advanced skier, is s big let down. This ski area offers nothing that I thought was unique, interesting, or even super fun. It's set up for green and light blue level skiing with huge open areas, long trails to homes and nothing noteworthy for the advanced skier. Copper mountain and keystone are far, far better choices. I don't see ever returning here.

1  Thank Jad16
See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Maybe the poor impression was due to hype I had received from colleagues but this mountain left me wondering why I spent so much resource traveling to Colorado when I could have stayed in New England to get the same experience.

That's not a knock on New England. On the contrary after a week in Colorado, in mind at least, New England has everything and then some to challenge genuine skiers. Granted Colorado has more consistent, deeper snowfall than New England but what happens when that disappears as it did this season? Therein lies my rub with Beaver Creek.

First of all the scenery is disappointing. For as far as the eye can see there are rolling hills. I came to see the Rockies, not the Green Mountains! Again nothing against New England but I already have that. I came for SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

As luck would have it I came to Beaver Creek a mere two days after an 11" snowfall yet the mountain had been skied off. Loose granular was the order of the day. Chatter on the moguls. New England snowmen can make 11" last a whole lot longer than two days. It took the sun late in the afternoon to soften the pack and then only in the Rose Bowl.

Ok so I had bad luck with the weather. That doesn't excuse the dismal layout of Beaver Creek. Starting in Arrowhead Village was a mistake as trails out of it are poorly marked. Took me the whole morning to find my way to Larkspur Bowl and Grouse Mountain which I ultimately passed on because at midday they were bathed in shadows.

Rose Bowl was the saving grace of this mountain, with the qualification that it be a sunny day. Ripsaw the only decent trail in the place provided a nice choice of small, medium and large moguls. Cataract for the speed demons. Web and Spider nice variation on Ripsaw.

All in all, I'm glad I visited Beaver Creek, its out of my system. On the other hand I don't think I'm gonna visit again.

1  Thank paddle3000