“Family 4 day ski trip”

Beaver Creek Ski Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular year-round resort in the Rockies offers excellent snow skiing and snowboarding in the winter and exhilarating sports such as mountain biking and hiking in the summer.
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Beaver Creek is a nice resort with something for everyone. However if you are an Intermediate skier looking to pack lots of skiing in surrounded by natural beauty I think it is easier to navigate Keystone. I love the way you can go peak to peak at that mountain. On the other hand, I found Beaver Creek to be time consuming when going peak to peak. Also, the main mountain has a lot of intersecting trails which cause a lot of traffic on the slopes.
Nice mountain if you have a full week of skiing.

As for accommodations, make your selection carefully. We stayed at Lodge at Brookside and the shuttle was a bit of walk on a road with a lot of traffic. This was to difficult with kids.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)
All reviews
"bachelor gulch"
in 51 reviews
"ski area"
in 80 reviews
"warm chocolate chip cookies"
"free cookies"
in 14 reviews
"epic pass"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Wonderful groomed runs and steep bump runs as well, There are fun bowls too.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I'd skied Beaver Creek (BC) a few times before, but as day trips from Vail (your lift ticket is good at both resorts). This year we stayed at BC and I expected I'd ski 2-3 days here and the rest of the week at Vail but I never made it to Vail. With our slopeside lodging we literally walked out the back door and had access to over 1800 acres of slopes. With 81% of the terrain rated as blue or black/double black, there was plenty to choose from. I realized at the end of the week that I never even made it up on the Grouse Mountain lift, which appeared to have some very nice black terrain.

When BC grooms a slope, it's been groomed very well. At the time we skied some more snow was definitely needed but I never saw a brown spot - all the pistes were covered well, though some of the woods had thinner cover. (OK by me as I'm not big into tree skiing anyway.)

There are several dining options on-mountain or at one of the bases. I had lunch at the Spruce Saddle (typical large cafeteria), Arrowhead (much smaller cafeteria with good soups/chili) and at Red Tail Camp where we got food fresh off the grill and could eat out on the sundeck.

If it's been groomed, check out the run called President Ford's (it goes by the house where he once lived). There are a couple of steep sections that make it a black run but otherwise it's mostly blue and it's great fun to go screaming down it!

As others have mentioned, starting about 3 pm each day there are fresh chocolate chip cookies brought out to the snow at the main base. Nothing like having a warm cookie at the end of the ski day!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Powder snow, virgin runs, it was stunning - the mountian was no crowded - the snow was stunning and the lifts no lines, no wait and 3 km runs. How can you fault it! Definately coming back