The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bachelor Gulch Condos(Beaver Creek)
1,144 results
All reviewsclub levelbachelor gulchbuffalo barfire pitresidential suitegreat roomoff seasonfour seasonsski valetlounge areabeautiful propertyturn down servicelive musicthe entire staffmountain viewhigh endsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2006

This hotel is incredible!
The doormen were VERY kind and courteous. We used our rental car often... and doormen always had our vehicle ready when we arrived and always offering bottled water for our outing. The front desk was very speedy and kind. Always had someone offering us warm apple cider in lobby (for free). We had a concern about a charge on our bill... and they got back to us immediately. The spa is unbelievable. Most days I was alone in the hot tub area. Massages were excellent. The pool was very warm and relaxing. Hot tubs inside and outside. The restaurant was very good (not excellent, but good). Room service twice/day. The conseirge was very helpful as we drove to Aspen for the day through Continental Divide and did other adventure trips. This hotel is in a gated area. Must be a guest to enter property. Great trip overall! There is nothing negative about this place... except everything being expense (but worth it). I will definitely return... someday!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank GabbyfromGibby
Reviewed November 5, 2006

This is my fourth stay at the RCBG, sixth stay on a RC property. Generally, this is our FAVORITE RC property. NOT THIS TIME!!! We booked a quick weekend trip up from Denver for the Nov. 3rd-5th dates. The rates were listed as $150 for a "Quality, Valley side room".

The check-in was excellent as usual. The staff was friendly upon check-in. The room was as expected and the location was as the website stated. The problem is the time of year in which we stayed.

The staff is at a minimum, the 3rd and 7th floor are entirely under construction. The spa is on the 3rd floor, making your trip to the spa a dusty one. The fire pit, which is usually filled with "mountain men" keeping watch over the fire and a wait staff brining you drinks, was left for the "wolves". I found myself filling the fire pit with wood just to keep the fire going. Numerous people asked the front desk for more wood, they replied by saying they would "get right on it". Nothing happened. Needless to say, on Friday night, the fire died by 10pm. VERY dissapointing as this is a highlight of the RCBG.

Saturday morning breakfast was ok. The prices have taken an increase over years past, and the food quality has gone down. The wait staff was excellent as always however the overall experience was less than stellar.

The spa experience was great as usual. The staff was not very friendly, the water jug was empty, and the towels were not being replenished.

Saturday evening we hung out in the lodge "loung", which is more like a cabin. It was much busier than the RC expected b/c they had a hard time keeping up with drink/food orders. I had to go to the bar in order to get service. Not something the RC is known for. The fire was raging this night, someone must have complained.

Sunday was the major problem. We awoke to NO HOT WATER!!! I went down to the spa, worked out, sat in the hot tub to warm up, went to take a shower, and still, NO HOT WATER!!! I went back up to the room, by Noon, NO HOT WATER!!! Upon check out I asked when that was going to be fixed. This is the response I received, "Our boiler has gone down and we are doing everything we can to bring it back online." NO APOLOGY. There were quite a few upset people and they were offering NO APOLOGY!!! A five star hotel should NEVER have this problem.

The valet was outstanding as usual, those guys are great!!!

Overall: the issue here is the off-season. They drop the roomrates to fill the hotel, yet they pull of staff and minimize their amenities. The cafe was closed the entire weekend, ski shop was closed, parts of the hotel were shut down, and NO WATER. I personally believe they were doing maint. b/c there was no urgency on the water issue. VERY POOR experience. The RC should be ashamed!!!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank tboz1976
Reviewed October 30, 2006

Beautiful property, excellent service. We had never stayed at a Ritz Carlton property before but we loved this hotel. I can't think of one negative thing to say. We went in the off season so it was not overly crowded but very enjoyable. The rooms were lovely, we stayed in a standard room so it wasn't huge but we didn't expect it to be large. The food was good, the bonfire w/ marshmallows in the evening was nice, very enjoyable for the children. We plan to return next summer for a few days.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MMMDLaurelMD
Reviewed September 19, 2006

Everything about this resort is fabulous...the decor, the spa, the setting, the service, the rooms/bathrooms, even the fact that they accept dogs (with no weight limit!!) We avoided the main restaurant (Remingtons) because most of you advised that it was ridiculously expensive. Plus, there are SO MANY excellent restaurants in town, we wanted to experiment and get some local color.

We made our initial reservation through the hotel website and got a mountain view room for $375...but then after reading TripAdvisor's advice to avoid the mountain view rooms because of the noise factor (over the pool and the fire pit), we changed to a valley view. Sure enough, our friends who had a mountain view complained of drunk people from a wedding party, hanging out by the fire pit singing long into the night!! Further, the hotel does play some music out there over a speaker, since it's pretty much a bar area. So we were glad that we changed to the valley view which was nice and quiet. Just make sure that your valley view room is high enough to see beyond the motor court (we had room 725 and saw some of the motor court, but we could see over the roof line to the mountains beyond)

The staff is very young...lots of people who want to live out west and do some skiiing...but they were perfectly lovely and attentive to our every need. I also found them to be more relaxed and laid back, as opposed to the staff members at some other Ritz Carltons, who come across as fake in their pleasantries.

We ate at the restaurants recommended on this site by others: Vista, Splendido and Ray's. All delicious....but don't go to Splendido unless you want to pay $$$$. My lobster entree was $48.00 and most of the other entrees were around that same price.

I loved it that people could take their dogs to the hotel. I saw about 4 yellow labs, two German Shepherds, and a great big Saint Bernard. They were all great, and I didn't hear one bark the entire time that I was there.

As far as Bachelor (the resident yellow lab) goes, suffice it to say that I'm a HUGE lab lover and have had labs my whole life. He's not friendly at all. He ignores you completely and even shies away if you try to pat him. As someone else cautioned, all he cares about is trying to get table scraps. He really has no interest in going on hikes or leaving the property with hotel guests. One thing I did learn is that the current "Bachelor" is about to move with his owner to a new Ritz hotel, and they are going to replace him with a new lab from Lab Rescue (hooray for rescue dogs!), so maybe the new guy will be more energetic and people-oriented.

Spa treatments are expensive (surprise, surprise), but it's fun to treat yourself occasionally. I had a facial and a massage. Ask for Eric, if you get a massage. He's awesome.

We'd go back to this area in a heartbeat. It's just gorgeous, and the great room in the hotel with its big stone fireplace is cozy, relaxing and serene. We wholeheartedly endorse this resort!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
6  Thank mcrixham
Reviewed September 12, 2006

I must say that this was one the most relaxing and luxurious hotels stays I have had in a while! I stayed at the Ritz in the beginning of September to celebrate my birthday with a friend and had a great time from the minute I drove to the hotel until the moment we left.

Upon arrival my car was taken care of immediately and I was accompanied to the club level of the hotel. I had requested a room with a balcony and got a very spacious, luxurious and comfortable room with a huge balcony with chairs and a table and a gorgeous view of the mountains! It was heavenly! There was also a fruit place and a birthday card for -- very thoughtful.

The food presentations were very rich and the food very tasty. We also tried room service and were very happy with the service and the quality of the food. The staff was eager to help at all times and made us feel very special.

I would highly recommend the hotel for a summer escape (or for any other reason for that matter!) both for its location and for the wonderful service it provides.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends