“Beautiful/ Excellent Service”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Laurel MD
“Beautiful/ Excellent Service”
Reviewed October 30, 2006

Beautiful property, excellent service. We had never stayed at a Ritz Carlton property before but we loved this hotel. I can't think of one negative thing to say. We went in the off season so it was not overly crowded but very enjoyable. The rooms were lovely, we stayed in a standard room so it wasn't huge but we didn't expect it to be large. The food was good, the bonfire w/ marshmallows in the evening was nice, very enjoyable for the children. We plan to return next summer for a few days.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MMMDLaurelMD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
charlotte
Reviewed September 19, 2006

Everything about this resort is fabulous...the decor, the spa, the setting, the service, the rooms/bathrooms, even the fact that they accept dogs (with no weight limit!!) We avoided the main restaurant (Remingtons) because most of you advised that it was ridiculously expensive. Plus, there are SO MANY excellent restaurants in town, we wanted to experiment and get some local color.

We made our initial reservation through the hotel website and got a mountain view room for $375...but then after reading TripAdvisor's advice to avoid the mountain view rooms because of the noise factor (over the pool and the fire pit), we changed to a valley view. Sure enough, our friends who had a mountain view complained of drunk people from a wedding party, hanging out by the fire pit singing long into the night!! Further, the hotel does play some music out there over a speaker, since it's pretty much a bar area. So we were glad that we changed to the valley view which was nice and quiet. Just make sure that your valley view room is high enough to see beyond the motor court (we had room 725 and saw some of the motor court, but we could see over the roof line to the mountains beyond)

The staff is very young...lots of people who want to live out west and do some skiiing...but they were perfectly lovely and attentive to our every need. I also found them to be more relaxed and laid back, as opposed to the staff members at some other Ritz Carltons, who come across as fake in their pleasantries.

We ate at the restaurants recommended on this site by others: Vista, Splendido and Ray's. All delicious....but don't go to Splendido unless you want to pay $$$$. My lobster entree was $48.00 and most of the other entrees were around that same price.

I loved it that people could take their dogs to the hotel. I saw about 4 yellow labs, two German Shepherds, and a great big Saint Bernard. They were all great, and I didn't hear one bark the entire time that I was there.

As far as Bachelor (the resident yellow lab) goes, suffice it to say that I'm a HUGE lab lover and have had labs my whole life. He's not friendly at all. He ignores you completely and even shies away if you try to pat him. As someone else cautioned, all he cares about is trying to get table scraps. He really has no interest in going on hikes or leaving the property with hotel guests. One thing I did learn is that the current "Bachelor" is about to move with his owner to a new Ritz hotel, and they are going to replace him with a new lab from Lab Rescue (hooray for rescue dogs!), so maybe the new guy will be more energetic and people-oriented.

Spa treatments are expensive (surprise, surprise), but it's fun to treat yourself occasionally. I had a facial and a massage. Ask for Eric, if you get a massage. He's awesome.

We'd go back to this area in a heartbeat. It's just gorgeous, and the great room in the hotel with its big stone fireplace is cozy, relaxing and serene. We wholeheartedly endorse this resort!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
6 Thank mcrixham
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 12, 2006

I must say that this was one the most relaxing and luxurious hotels stays I have had in a while! I stayed at the Ritz in the beginning of September to celebrate my birthday with a friend and had a great time from the minute I drove to the hotel until the moment we left.

Upon arrival my car was taken care of immediately and I was accompanied to the club level of the hotel. I had requested a room with a balcony and got a very spacious, luxurious and comfortable room with a huge balcony with chairs and a table and a gorgeous view of the mountains! It was heavenly! There was also a fruit place and a birthday card for -- very thoughtful.

The food presentations were very rich and the food very tasty. We also tried room service and were very happy with the service and the quality of the food. The staff was eager to help at all times and made us feel very special.

I would highly recommend the hotel for a summer escape (or for any other reason for that matter!) both for its location and for the wonderful service it provides.

• Liked — location, service, attention to detail
  • Disliked — NA
  • Tips/Secrets — Great summer escape
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelconnoisseur
Fort Myers, FL
Reviewed August 17, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch for four days during the month of August for our 2nd wedding anniversary.

I had never been to Colorado before, though my wife had gone to college in Greary. She was anxious for me to see the beauty that is very different from our Fort Myers, FL, base. I had almost convinced her to go to NYC, and stay at the R-C Central Park, but I'm glad I didn't; we loved pretty much everything about this hotel.

We booked our reservations by calling the hotel chain's reservations line, and selected a mountainside room at $375.00 per night. After our reservations were set the lady transferred us directly to the hotel, and one of their concierges, Kat, who was my point of contact, and a lifesaver arranging all of our reservations at the various restaurants (Beano's Cabin, Game Creek Club, and their own excellent Remmington's), activities (white water rafting), and a rental car. I was impressed at her prompt attention to all my requests.

We arrived at the Ritz without too much hassle. It's really not roughing it at all; only a couple of miles from I-70. The hotel is very appealing, and the grounds are well-kept. We were greeted, and escorted to the front desk. We were informed we had been upgraded to a mountain side suite(YEAH!! Room 660) so I forgave them that the elevator near our room was out of order during the entire stay, and that our luggage was not immeadiately brought to our room (hence the deduction of one star).

The only thing I found out of kilter with the room was a small wet spot (nothing terrible about the smell, mind you!) on the bedroom floor which did dry up after a couple hours; no leaks or anything like that. The room itself was beautiful with an electric fireplace, and a spectacular view. The bathroom has marble floors, and all the R-C amenitites that I love.

The staff in general seems very laid back, as do most people who we encountered throughout the area. Therefore, some people may consider this bad in that their requests may not be met with immediate attention, or that you are not treated as royalty, but I found the country-fied atmosphere a welcome respite from the hussle and bussle of our normal lives.

The best thing about the resort, however, is the Spa. The co-ed grotto area is truly a wonderful and romantic experience. Go every day you stay.

We will return, and hope to see you there.

• Liked — The Spa
  • Disliked — Too Short of Stay
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay Hydrated; it's very easy to get a headache if you don't.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank zman1974
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2006

My wife and I have always preferred beach destinations, but decided to venture into the mountains this time for relief from the Texas heat. This hotel will be a summer destination for us forever now! The scenery is absolutely beautiful - regardless of which side of the hotel your room is on. We were upgraded to the "Club" level which took service to an entirely different level -- food, drinks, extra service, throughout the day. My sense is that most people - that are not a part of some group event - get upgraded to this level during the summer. We couldn't have found the staff more friendly.

Beaver Creek village is a 5-minute free shuttle ride away from the hotel and there are drivers available from the Ritz on a first-come-first-serve basis for complimentary rides within 5 miles of the hotel, so we found that a car was unnecessary.

Several members of the staff recommended a restaurant in Edwards - "Juniper " - which was terrific. Highly recommend.

We have stayed in Four Seasons, Fairmounts, 5-Star Resorts in Mexico, etc. and found the service here to be on par or better than all of them. We hope that you'll pay attention to the "Disappointed" review and stay away from here in the summer....so we can have it all to ourselves!

• Liked — perfect weather in the summer and no crowds
  • Tips/Secrets — You don't really need a rental car
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank bbrig
Lima, OH
Reviewed July 16, 2006

We have stayed at several Ritz Carltons and this one did not disappoint. I am a little surprised at some of the other reviews that talk of unhelpful staff and impersonal speeches that the front desk workers give. We were very comfortable. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. The concierge was able to help us rent hiking gear from a local store. The breakfast buffet, while not as good as some of the other Ritz Carlton's that we've been to, it was still delicious. The rooms were very pretty and the beds were comfortable. The spa was very relaxing, as well. The view from the hotel was just gorgeous. There was marshmellow roasting out by the pool that my kids loved. While some reviewers saw the pool as inconveniently noisy, I found it enjoyable being able to be with my children while still enjoying the luxury of the Ritz atmosphere. We will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank 2babies
St. Louis
Reviewed July 10, 2006

We stayed at the Ritz in Bachelor Gulch over the July 4 weekend. Having been to a number of luxury hotels, this one falls towards the bottom of the pack. While it is in a beautiful and secluded location, our mountain view room overlooked the rusty ski lift and was above the noisey pool that was used mainly by loud children. The staff was most friendly and it seems that their training focuses on insuring that they greet customers appropriately -- I have the feeling that they have a script that they are required to follow -- too bad they messed up the names. I'm not one for formalities -- I actually think that instead of chatting with customers as they await the valet service ("where are you heading off to?"), the front entrance staff should be sure and help people load their luggage in/out of the car -- an ommision I observed frequently.
Noting other people's comments on the food situation, we bought breakfast in the deli and had all of our dinners out. Splendido - in Beaver Creek - was excellent. We did have our last breakfast at Remington's --the buffet was below average. There were so few people eating there that the food was getting old very quickly in the buffet line. Despite the lack of a crowd, service was slow -- and the waitress was fretting that she brought our juice over without using a tray and that her boss would be angry. Once again, the scripting handicaps the service.
I did enjoy the spa/fitness room -- well appointed and relaxing. The shuttle into town was handy as parking was tight for July 4 events.
We love vacationing in the mountains -- and will certainly be back in the area in the winter and summer but not for a second time to the Ritz. If they want to stand out from the pack, they need to lighten up on the scripting and do a better job discreetly anticpating their guests' needs.

• Stayed July 2006
Beaver Creek Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
#2 of 18 in Beaver Creek
The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch? Share your experiences!