“A+ service, spa & rooms”

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz for my 30th birthday and left wanting more. Just an unforgettable experience all around.

Pros:
The club lounge is amazing. The staff is very warm, welcoming and anticipates needs. Offering a cocktail as soon as we checked in. We had delicious little meals, wine and champagne.

Staff delivered a card, chocolate covered strawberries and red wine to our room to wish me a happy birthday.

The recent renovations are stunning! Some say it looks too modern, I'd say it is a very classy mountain feel.

The spa is amazing. The coed grotto was romantic and a nice quiet time with my husband.
I got the Hot Herbal Poultice massage with Doreen. It was a combination of a massage, aromatherapy and an oil rub. Doreen was so nice and really took her time on each part of my body. When I go back I have to see her again. Being in the hospitality industry and frequenting many spas, Doreen is by far the best!

Rooms were immaculate

Pool was not too crowded

Cons-
In the lobby there were dirty dishes left for at least 20 min after a few families finished dinner.

Spago- sat at a table by the bar, took over 5 min to be acknowledged and when we were it was from the bartender who was behind the bar yelling over if we needed help. I would think he was smarter than that as we sat down and had not even a water in front of us. He was very nice though.

The staff is helpful and wonderful and the property is simply amazing!
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We visited this hotel in 2003 and then again last week. Both times we were extremely happy with our choice and are wondering why we do not visit more often. The spa is one of the best that I've ever encountered. The coed grotto is awesome. Room service was not great and our dinner at Spago was a bit of a disaster, but we still enjoyed our time here. This is an ideal spot for families or couples alike. The front desk and spa staff provided excellent customer service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I came to Bachelor Gulch for a business conference. I found a relaxing, fun surprise. The entire property epitomizes “resort”! The location is fantastic, the staff and accommodations are without comparison! There are great services, pool, spa and food. The rooms are simply perfect – both for work and pleasure. I wish my husband was able to come along for this trip. Maybe next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace - very romantic!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had only been to this property during the ski-season and loved it but we are so glad we got to spent some time there this summer. Everything is perfect! Property is beautiful. We love all the musicians that played throughout the day and evening. Bachelor, the Saint Bernard 130 lbs puppy, is the sweetest dog, and guests can "play" with him. Rooms are perfect, as is the service. Spago for dinner was incredible! Had the Crab special appetizer and the Peking Duck main course, which where out of this world! Spa with the Grotto, and the steam room, are perfect! What a treat to be able to enjoy this property!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ConnoisseurCharlotte
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch. If you are looking for a luxurious stay in the Beaver Creek area - your search is over.

Pro's
Staff - A++, Top Notch, fantastic. Every single staff person we encountered during our entire stay was personal, attentive and days later remembered our names and even sometimes what we had been doing during our stay. The staff is simply amazing. You won't find better.
Facilities - A++, Wonderful architecture and construction. The lodge is just perfectly designed for its setting in every way. Plenty of spaces to accommodate whatever the guest might desire, from spa to outdoor dining, to quiet bar areas, to fantastic views. Wonderful. And maintenance is top shelf. The place seems to have been recently remodeled, so expect brand new accommodations.
Rooms - A++, wonderfully designed and appointed. Furniture, materials, bedding, linens, bathroom design - all fantastic. We stayed on the 3rd level overlooking the Beaver Creek Valley below, and the rooms are QUIET. You'll never know there are other guests here.
Spago Dining - Spago is a good representation of Wolfgang Puck quality with an interesting menu, great waitstaff and plentiful wine list.

Cons
Dining - As good as Spago was - that's your only choice right now as their mid-level dining room is currently under renovation and the Slopeside restaurant isn't opened for breakfast. So - $21 for 2 eggs over easy and 3 strips of bacon. Net. Before tax, tip, coffee or anything else. Not even including toast. Sometimes too much is just too much and that is just too much, especially when guests have no other options.
Resort Fee and Taxes - We never figured out the "taxes", which seemed to vary between 12% and 15%. So, that equated to about a 35% add-on for any dining at Bachelor Gulch.

SUMMARY - This is a fantastic place to stay, and when their mid-level dining option is available, I would imagine it's unbeatable. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Valley views down mountain are wonderful.
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We had never been to Colorado before and this was a wonderful introduction! Brooke at concierge was a wonderful and helpful resource on our trip. The club level was amazing and everyone was super friendly & helpful. The hotel itself was great and very clean. It was a great location & 10 minutes away from Vail. I definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank PTBritton
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here as part of my 40th Birthday celebration and first trip to the mountains. The facility and staff were great. The views and food are excellent. My husband was already planning our next trip for the winter before we had left. Spago had a great dinner and lunch menu, and the outdoor dining is spectacular. The shuttles were pretty timely and provide access to the mountain restaturants and shops. We will definetly be back-summer or winter!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver Creek
The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail
The Sebastian - Vail
Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch? Share your experiences!