We stayed here for about 5 nights right after New Year's. The hotel is SUPERB, but its crowning glory is the spa.
From arrival to check-out, on every level, the service is truly superior -- professional, gracious, respectful, and friendly -- and lives up to the Ritz-Carlton name. Any special requests or calls to room service were handled very professionally and promptly. Unless you wave them off, the ski valets won't even let you take your own skis off. The staff make you feel that it is truly their pleasure to serve you. FYI, finding this level of service anywhere in Vail/Beaver Creek is becoming increasingly difficult as the area struggles with shortages of qualified service personnel, which makes the experience here even more precious.
For those with children, a ski nanny service is available, including after-skiing movie and snack to allow the adults some time to unwind after the lifts close. Also, a shuttle runs to Beaver Creek Village about every 20 mins, so access to that area is easy for beginner skiiers/boarders.
Room decor is lodge/mountain-inspired. Our room looked out onto the mountain and had a spectacularly hot fireplace. Bulgari bathroom amenities and the soaking tub were a nice touch.
Like I said, the crowning glory is the spa! The romantic grotto is a wonderful place to meet your significant other after indulging in the spa services. The spa area and lockers are well-appointed with relaxing single-sex waiting rooms, steam and sauna rooms, and freezing plunge pools (I challenge you to actually immerse yourself!)!
Outside the spa, the great room with the enormous fireplace is a wonderful place to hang out. Food in the bar area is just alright, though. Dinner at Beano's Cabin was nice. Arrival via Snowcat-pulled "sleigh" was fun, but dinner itself is less of an experience (I can't remember what I ate).
Others have noted that the prices here are steep. Yes, they are, but please remember that this is Beaver Creek/Vail and prices are high anywhere you go during ski season.
Bottom line: We can't wait to go back. The spa is calling to us so insistently that we're making another trip this summer.
Recommended for: couples, families, ski-in/ski-out for non beginners, non-skiiers who like to "spa," summer hiking, spa break
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A year-round mountain resort, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch combines the comfort of Colorado luxury hotel with the finest outdoor adventures. Located on Beaver Creek Mountain, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch offers an unforgettable escape in the heart of the majestic Colorado Rocky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch Hotel Beaver Creek
- Beaver Creek Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Avon
- Ritz-Carlton Avon
- Avon Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Beaver Creek