“Still Great”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
denver, colorado
“Still Great”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We live in Denver so the RCBG is 2hrs away . We stayed here in 2003 when it first opened and numerous times since, but were last here in 2007. The hotel has not missed a beat. It is still our favorite place to go in the mountains. The room, hotel, pool and grounds all look as good as when they first opened. We love the locker room as it has the sauna/steam and relaxation rooms along with the coed grotto. The service and food was excellent as well. The shuttle takes you everywhere and the hiking is great. We are not skiers but the lift is 20 yards from the hotel, takes you right to beaver creek mountain and is basically the hotels own lift......best you can get.
After 5 years, it was great to come back and see that things have not changed one bit. I am amazed at how new everything looks after almost 10 years. We will be back.

Side Note: We have stayed at Four Seasons Vail as well. Four Seasons gives you walking access around vail, RCBG is more colorado log cabin like and away from everything. Similar amenities, cant go wrong with either. Go with the one giving the best deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clarkgriswold817

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We just returned from a brief stay at the ritz in bachelor gulch. The property itself is very nice and the location ideal for effortless skiing but the service was amateur at best and in three situations some of the worst I have ever experienced. We ate breakfast at the Spago restaurant this morning and service was seriously some of the very worst I have ever experienced and this includes at 3 am in a Denny's - slow, disorganized, wrong orders, forgetting to bring requested items after multiple requests - this all from a restaurant where my eggs were $21. Upon leaving, the ski valet (which you are requested to use so people do not carry skis through the hotel), could not find my skis for almost an hour. During this hour, I saw staff members being rude to each other and then bad mouthing one another to me - extremely unprofessional. All in all, this hotel felt like a 3 star hotel with price tag of 5 star. Very disappointed especially considering the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank recoveringhotelsnob
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I frequent the RCBG every fall to enjoy the aspens. We get out of town for a long weekend and bring our dog with us. While we have only stayed here a half dozen times, it was only after the 2nd time that the staff started greeting us by our names (example: Welcome back Mr. and Mrs. -----). So it goes to show the staff is willing to go out of their way to do everything they can to make your stay perfect. While my wife and I always feel spoiled at this hotel, the dog is the one who always make out like a queen with the royal treatment! First of all, they had a bag of goodies in our room waiting for our dog (treats, frisbee, bowls, etc). Secondly, on Fridays they have doggie happy our to go with normal happy our.

The rooms are amazing as well as the comfort of the bed. Also, the location of the hotel is fantastic as you are not near I-70 (or any busy roads) and you are essentially at the base of mountain. So you can hike and bike right from the hotel. The pool is great for swimming laps, provided there aren't kids in the pool having rumpus time.

We love hanging out in the lounge area with the large fireplace as well as hanging out on the back patio when they have a fire going. The spa is amazing (included with lodging price); but my only complaint is the pet cleaning fee. They should do away with the pet cleaning fee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Waterman22
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the condos on this Ritz Carlton property. They were clean and nicely appointed. Our unit was close to the hotel and there was some noise in the evening. During a visit, I would recommend staying up the hill a bit further from the hotel.

Spa was a bit dark and uninviting...at least from my perspective.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank renee b
Venice, Florida
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The facility is so wonderful it is almost criminal not to be able to give it five stars.
The good. Spectacular location and impecable facility.
The bad. Irratic staff performance. In areas the typical Ritz high standard. Unfortunately, both the lounge area & Spago had staff in desperate need of training. slow, poor and ill mannered.
Upon departure we were questioned if everything was as expected and so made comment of the dissapointments. A generous rebate was made and was appreciated but in truth you book the Ritz for the best not compensation.

Room Tip: Pick the Mountain view over the resort view. It is a silly $20 more.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I just returned from an early season ski vacation and this place is amazing! I had been several years ago with girlfriends and was anxious to return. It was everything I remembered and more!!! They upgraded us to a 2 bedroom, 2bath suite and we already had an excellent deal with American Express so our breakfast was included AND we received a $100 a day resort credit which we used toward food and drinks. What I love most is the value for the luxury and service you get at this place. I have ALWAYS had a great experience at Ritz-Carltons but if you love to snow ski, this place is out of this world! The staff makes you feel welcomed from the moment you arrive! Renting your ski equipment, setting up lessons, restaurant recommendations, anything is made simple and effortless. I especially love having my skis "set out" for me!!! LOVE this place!!!

Room Tip: If you are bothered by the sounds of the snow grooming machine (beeping) do not elect the mountain s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pearlygirl133
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Even off-season (when expectations might be a little lower on my part) the Ritz delivers! And this Bachelor Gulch property is not only stunning...but the service is top-notch as expected and then some. We just spent the weekend for a late anniversary celebration. On arrival we found chocolate covered strawberries on a lovely plate with a "Happy Anniversary"-in-chocolate greeting and a congratulations card from guest services. Everywhere we went after that...Buffalo Bar, Spago, the Spa...we were wished a happy anniversary...gotta love the Ritz level of service! We had a room on the club level with a view of the valley and a lovely fireplace. Very comfortable bed and luxurious bedding, classic bathroom (large with lots of amenities). Really appreciated the complimentary waters (you really have to hydrate at altitude) and the convenient coffee/tea service. The spa is top notch with a very comfortable lounge area, separate women's and men's sauna/steam rooms and the grotto (rock walled with a 'waterfall', nearly hot-tub temp. water, cool cucumbers for the eyes etc. Because we were there as a couple it would have been nice to have a co-ed sauna/steam area...but that doesn't detract from the experience. Because it was still "off-season" I think the staff is smaller but we never had a problem finding someone or having our questions answered. Great food at the Buffalo Bar (my husband said they make the best mahi-mahi tacos he's ever had)! And Spago...well...it definitely lived up to the hype...both the food and the excellent service! We live fairly close to this property but it's never been high on our list for that reason. We generally like to go farther afield. However, it's top of the list now and I can't wait to go back. A final note...we just lost our beloved family dog a few weeks ago...and we are definitely dog lovers...so seeing people at the Ritz with their dogs was really nice...and getting a chance to hug the Ritz mascot "Bachelor" (St. Bernard, I think) was a lovely little perk and pick-me-up for my husband and me. Well-behaved dogs definitely seem welcomed at this property and I understand they even provide doggie beds, treats...everything your pet needs:) Nice touch!

Room Tip: This is such a stunning setting that I don't think it much matters where your room in. We had a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaver Creek Lodge
Beaver Creek Lodge
#2 of 18 in Beaver Creek
The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch? Share your experiences!