“Perfect!!!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I just returned from an early season ski vacation and this place is amazing! I had been several years ago with girlfriends and was anxious to return. It was everything I remembered and more!!! They upgraded us to a 2 bedroom, 2bath suite and we already had an excellent deal with American Express so our breakfast was included AND we received a $100 a day resort credit which we used toward food and drinks. What I love most is the value for the luxury and service you get at this place. I have ALWAYS had a great experience at Ritz-Carltons but if you love to snow ski, this place is out of this world! The staff makes you feel welcomed from the moment you arrive! Renting your ski equipment, setting up lessons, restaurant recommendations, anything is made simple and effortless. I especially love having my skis "set out" for me!!! LOVE this place!!!

Room Tip: If you are bothered by the sounds of the snow grooming machine (beeping) do not elect the mountain s...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pearlygirl133
Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Even off-season (when expectations might be a little lower on my part) the Ritz delivers! And this Bachelor Gulch property is not only stunning...but the service is top-notch as expected and then some. We just spent the weekend for a late anniversary celebration. On arrival we found chocolate covered strawberries on a lovely plate with a "Happy Anniversary"-in-chocolate greeting and a congratulations card from guest services. Everywhere we went after that...Buffalo Bar, Spago, the Spa...we were wished a happy anniversary...gotta love the Ritz level of service! We had a room on the club level with a view of the valley and a lovely fireplace. Very comfortable bed and luxurious bedding, classic bathroom (large with lots of amenities). Really appreciated the complimentary waters (you really have to hydrate at altitude) and the convenient coffee/tea service. The spa is top notch with a very comfortable lounge area, separate women's and men's sauna/steam rooms and the grotto (rock walled with a 'waterfall', nearly hot-tub temp. water, cool cucumbers for the eyes etc. Because we were there as a couple it would have been nice to have a co-ed sauna/steam area...but that doesn't detract from the experience. Because it was still "off-season" I think the staff is smaller but we never had a problem finding someone or having our questions answered. Great food at the Buffalo Bar (my husband said they make the best mahi-mahi tacos he's ever had)! And Spago...well...it definitely lived up to the hype...both the food and the excellent service! We live fairly close to this property but it's never been high on our list for that reason. We generally like to go farther afield. However, it's top of the list now and I can't wait to go back. A final note...we just lost our beloved family dog a few weeks ago...and we are definitely dog lovers...so seeing people at the Ritz with their dogs was really nice...and getting a chance to hug the Ritz mascot "Bachelor" (St. Bernard, I think) was a lovely little perk and pick-me-up for my husband and me. Well-behaved dogs definitely seem welcomed at this property and I understand they even provide doggie beds, treats...everything your pet needs:) Nice touch!

Room Tip: This is such a stunning setting that I don't think it much matters where your room in. We had a...
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The wife and I had but one weekend to get away before the new year. After much searching, we decided on treating ourselves to the Ritz Carlton at Bachelor Gulch.

This resort, its property, its setting and its staff were over the top.

The drive up to the property is something out of a movie. Breathtaking. Upon our check in, we had reserved a one bedroom suite on the 7th floor. When we opened the door, we quickly learned that the room had not been cleaned from the guests prior. No biggie. We went back down to the front desk and advised them. They were clearly embarrassed and without hesitation, found many options for us. This included 'viewing' other available rooms, which we did. However, we were set on a mountain view and chose to wait. Ben at the front desk then did something that came to signify how the Ritz treats its guests: Ben offered to cover our lunch and beverages at the lobby restaurant while the room was cleaned. If you have been here before, you'll know this wasn't a cheap meal.

I don't type this with the expectation everyone will get this, but it spoke volumes of the Ritz and quickly set us for a positive weekend/experience.

After a bit of time, the room was good to go and so glad we waited. A beautiful living room, full kitchen, fireplace, full bath and bedroom. (Even the knife block in the kitchen was JA Henckels.)

Back to the property, heated outdoor pool, three outdoor hot tubs (two nestled in between some Aspens), a wonderful great room and so much more.

The absolute best spa facility I've experienced. Every guest has access to it. A locker room with robes and what seemed like 10,000 rolled towels and infused water. A 'gentleman's lounge' with leather chairs, heated neck wraps, a fireplace, a flat screen with Sennheiser headsets to keep the peace, snacks and more.

It gets better, a grotto with a waterfall and heated pool, a hot tub, a cold tub, a steam room (my favorite) and a sauna. Also a full sink area to shave and showers in the locker room. One could spend three hours just with all of these.

Also present was a full gym with a nice complement of equipment and a workout studio. Also a smoothie station which we didn't take advantage of.

Onto the spa: perhaps one of the best 60 minute massages I've ever had. I was given the option of choosing between three enhancements: a facial, a scalp massage or a foot massage and scrub. I opted for the foot treatment and it was insanely wonderful.

During our visit, only one restaurant was open and that was the Buffalo Bar. (Spago will open next week.) However, nothing was bar about this restaurant. While they had bison or beef burgers, nachos, chicken tenders for the kids; they also has lamb loin, half baked chicken, tomato gazpacho, crab cakes and more. The lamb was excellent.

Regarding the room, the bed was very comfortable and it was nice to have a thermostat just for the room. The bathroom was huge: two sinks, a soaker tub and a separate shower.

The staff was exceedingly professional and friendly.

I can't recommend the RC at Bachlor Gulch enough. We are already planning our return.

Room Tip: 7th floor is as high as you can go without being on the club level or own a private residence. Both...
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went up to Bachelor's Gulch for the Ritz Halloween Party and had a wonderful time. Got upgraded to a suite and it was spectacular. One of the best things is how they cater to dogs! They had a dog halloween parade and a buffet of dog treats for them to go crazy on! It was awesome. We were only there one night but will definitely be back ... soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hidden behind security gates high in the rockies, this hotel has the feel of a luxurious castle. From the entry way with security guys in black glasses to the huge wooden entry drive the only things missing are the moat and drawbridge. It's definitely a secluded castle high on the hill.

After the somewhat intimidating entry, the staff at the Ritz was terrific and all made use feel very welcome. We lucked out and got a birthday upgrade to an 8th floor room with a view of the mountain. Very helpful staff made us feel that they really care about guests, I've almost never experienced that at other hotels.

Rooms are very quiet and overstuffed with luxury. The leather reading chair was something I'd like to have at home. I read a review that the bathrooms have heated floors, we didn't see how to turn that on. We would have liked dimmable lights in the bath area but the marble and finish was very luxurious.

The best part for us was the outdoor hot tubs and pool. Wonderful to be outside on a crisp night in the tubs. I did get scraped up a bit in the slope side tubs, they have a really rough texture but they're quite relaxing.

The only downside of the trip was the breakfast. Food was not hot and the prices felt like being fleeced. The menu was written for Spago but the food was just room service standard. For that price either get breakfast in bed or head down to Avon.

Overall, an excellent hotel, terrific staff and a treat to get away. Would be great to spend a week there with skis!

Room Tip: Mountain view, club level are fantastic
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went for a business trip and by far the best hotel experience I have had. The staff is very helpful and welcoming! The rooms were excellent! Clean, beautiful, and the views from ANY room are just breathtaking. The food was also excellent for in-room service or in the restaurant.

I also recommend the AMAZING spa. Very professional, clean, courteous, and providing EXCELLENT service! Hands down a must for anyone visiting the Beaver Creek area!

Room Tip: Any room is good! The views are amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The lobby of this hotel is truly spectacular! My wife and I love Bachelor Gulch, it's a quiet location and yet has plenty to do. The transportation is very convenient to Beaver Creek. There's nothing better than having a cocktail by the campfire on the back patio after a long day of hiking or skiing...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
The Charter at Beaver Creek
The Charter at Beaver Creek
#9 of 18 in Beaver Creek
The Sebastian - Vail

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch? Share your experiences!