“Second visit to BCL”
Review of Beaver Creek Lodge

Beaver Creek Lodge
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed at the Beaver Creek Lodge during Easter 2013.
We fell in love with Beaver Creek during our first visit over Christmas 2011 so had to return the following year. We chose to stay at the Beaver Creek Lodge again because of the amazing time we had last year.....and once again we had a brilliant time!
The rooms at this place are fantastic. So comfortable and accommodating for a winter vacation. The indoor/outdoor pool and the hot tub sell this place! Nothing more soothing than a soak in these after a long day skiing.
It was nice to be recognised by members of staff in the hotel. I guess they don’t get many guests from Wales. Thanks again to the boys in Christie sports for their excellent service and knowledge. Was lovely to see the same faces as the previous year.
Christine on the concierge was once again fantastic. She pre-booked restaurants for us and also arranged a spa session at the Allegria Spa in the Park Hyatt hotel (highly recommended and well worth the money).
The restaurant at the hotel had improved since our last visit (the service was poor) but breakfast was still an issue even though the breakfast option had changed to a buffet style. However we liked the new layout and the food at dinner was excellent.
Beaver Creek Lodge now feels like our home from home and we can’t wait to return again next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Caff_wat
kevin s, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We greatly apprecite the time you took to write it and that you chose Beaver Creek Lodge as your lodging choice. We look forward to seeing you again next year !!!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have stayed at several places in the Vail-Beaver Creek area over the years. Our recent experience at the Beaver Creek Lodge was nothing short of spectacular. Great accomodations, beautiful setting and exceptional service.

Service in the Rock restaurant was a bit weak- many mistakes by the server. Perhaps a new employee. Food quality was very good.

Room Tip: The creek side view is great. Pretty bright in the early morning though!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
kevin s, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

We are happy you enjoyed your experience. We just had opened the restaurant for the season. I apologize about the service issues you encountered and assure you we have things dialed in now. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here a couple of days over the memorial day week 2013. We found the hotel to be a stunning place to stay with beautiful grounds and friendly staff. The staff always greeted us by name when we came and went, the valet parking in a garage parking deck was great, the hot tub on the cool Colorado nights were a great way to unwind after a long day of hiking the area. The rooms were clean, attention to detail was perfect for a romantic getaway from the fireplace to the provided Jazz inspired CD's that were in the room. Beds were very comfortable as well. Hope to come back again soon. A special Thanks to Andy and the staff for helping us during our stay.

Room Tip: Great place to consider when visiting Vail/Aspen area
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We look forward to seeing you back soon !!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My family and I rarely go back to a previous hotel we have stayed in as hotels change and I would hate to be disappointed. We made an exception with Beaver Creek Lodge as we enjoyed it so much the first time and felt that it's position was just ideal when we planned a return ski trip to 'the Beav'. What a great decision that was as yet again we received great service before we arrived and during our stay. We booked standard rooms with a UK agent but upgraded direct with the hotel to creek side rooms and this was handled by Liz Rivera, who was excellent. She really looked after us and we had fantastic rooms with great views of the mountain!

Last time we went I had used the concierge service to pre-book restaurants and again this time. I was glad to see that Christina Schoeni was still working there as she had been so helpful on our first trip. She was again this time, she was so knowledgeable and willing to assist. She is a real credit to the hotel; she was very very apologetic when we had a bad experience in a restaurant she had booked for us even though the issue had nothing to do with her! Thanks again Christine for all your help.

The hotel itself still has lovely comfortable rooms and a great outdoor hot pool (it's a big too big to call a 'tub'). The beds are very comfy and the rooms more than big enough for three adult guests. Reception was efficient, friendly and it was lovely to receive a ‘welcome back card’ from the manager as returning guests.

My only issue, as it was last time, was the restaurant. It has improved since our last visit with layout and staff in the evenings, but breakfast is still a little understaffed even with a buffet. Often items were not re-filled anywhere near quick enough and I know ‘tea’ is a not an American beverage really but it’s made with hot not lukewarm water!

This issue didn’t really cloud my view that this is a wonderful hotel; it was a minor irritation to be honest. I know there are larger, more luxurious hotels in Beaver Creek and surrounding area and even if I could afford them, if we go back to Beaver Creek on a skiing trip we WILL be booking Beaver Creek Lodge – no doubts about that at all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the comments. I will share your feedback with Christina. Our concierge staff works hard to provide the experience our guests have come to expect.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our room in the Lodge needed an update. The furniture in particular - tabletop was scuffed so badly that a good bit of the paint was gone and the living room tv was the old square type with a broken remote. Otherwise, a lovely resort style property.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
kevin s, General Manager at Beaver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

we appreciate your feedback. We are actually preparing a quite a bit of work in our guest rooms and guest areas in the next two weeks. We are replacing the older televisions with new 37 inch flat screens, purchasing new tables, adding a media charging station to the desk and enhancing our common areas with some additional furniture. We look forward to having you back soon to experience all the improvements that will make our georgeous property better than ever !

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We actually won a trip to Beaver Creek Lodge on another website called LuxuryLink.com. I never win anything so I put my bid in and what do you know, we are off to Beaver Creek, Colorado! My wife and I had less than one week to prepare for the trip, remind you that we are from Texas and needed to go shopping (to say the least). We contacted the Lodge to ask about the weather, the things to do, the drive there, etc. On the first call, I talked to Katlynn (sorry for the spelling) and she was from Oklahoma, then we talked to TJ (a fellow Texan), and lastly I talked to Andy (he probably saved our lives). Andy recommended that we drive through Santa Fe, NM and up through the mountains to get there, in which we completely went behind the horrible storm that hit Moore, OK. I told Andy that we would be driving straight to them and needed a recommendation of a hotel near by, because I would be playing Golf @ 10am at Beaver Creek Golf Course (another recommendation!). He offered to add a night to my stay at a discount to make our trip easier and right there, I knew we were in great care of an incredible staff! We arrived at 10pm and there was our local Texan, TJ, welcoming us in and offering to get our bags taken up, our vehicle valeted, and to take a dip in their warmed (94 degrees) pool (even though it closes @ 10pm) just to welcome us in after a long drive. TJ had my papers drawn up within seconds, had me sign, handed me my room key, and explained where the basic's were within moments of arriving. We were a little hungry from the long drive, so TJ recommended we order in from a place called Local Joe's (awsome pizza), so we did order from there and boy what a pizza. Wow, that was just getting there, none of this is even involoving our stay yet...let's get to the good stuff! As I said before, this was their off season and we were the only one's in the hotel for the 1st half of our 4 night stay. The next morning, we woke up to Katlynn, another awesome person, she knew who we were by name, made some suggestions for things to do, called the complimentary shuttle to come pick me up for my golf outing, and smiled and said "see you when you get back". Played an incredible course, again another great staff, Mike took our picture, showed us where to go and then smiled and said "there is no one in front of you and no one behind you, have FUN"! Met our shuttle driver, Frank (another Texan), grabbed my bags and golf shoes (which had been cleaned by the assistants of the course), threw them on the shuttle and recommended a few more places to go and hang out in a town 3 miles away called Edmond. I wanted to sit outside by the fire pit and enjoy Colorado nights, so they had the maintenance come up and turn on the fire pit for us, and let me tell you, what a sight! Wow, there is still 4 more days to talk about and my mind is running wild with bringing forward all the wonderful memories I had and I am losing my traijn of thought. Let me simply put it like this, if you have not been, you NEED to go to Beaver Creek Lodge, DONE! Thank you everyone.

Room Tip: Just get there and have a great time, we will be returning as soon as possible!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow !! The entire staff is so happy you enjoyed your time at the Beaver Creek Lodge. Our Grand Performers work hard to ensure our exuberant guests have the experience that you had. We look forward to having you back soon !!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

As the title indicates this review is not for the winter as I'm sure a lot is different then. Stayed here over Labor Day during the blues, brews, BBQ festival. The hotel is in a great location in the village and immediately in front of the main bus stop, so if you are not concerned about your car, you can leave it in a free lot and take the shuttle right to the front door. We payed 12$ per day to valet, which wasn't too bad. The hotel is located right near the main series of escalators in the village so while not ski in/ ski out, seems like it would be a simple to walk to the lift. The lobby is not grand like some of the other mountain village hotels. Quite small, and not really a gathering place. There are a few other spots throughout the hotel where that can be done. The second floor opens up to ground level in the back of the hotel which was convenient and easy for getting in and out. There were some closed shops and a Christy sports there too.

The rooms were very nice. I believe they are all suites, with a separate living area. There was a fridge, microwave, toaster, and table with 2 chairs, as well as glasses, and other amenities. There was also a leather couch and chair, and the couch pulled out to a sleeper. Also a coffee table. The bedroom had a nice bed, comfy. There were 2 TVs, however they were a bit dated (only bedroom was flat screen) and both small, if that is important to you. Bathroom was nice.

The pool area was nice. A heated pool and hot tub. The pool area however lacks seating and is cramped. Maybe 6 pool chairs. Not enough to go around. Don't expect any drink service at the pool. There is a nice gym as well as steam room and sauna. Overall the pool / gym did the job.

The restaurant looked nice but was totally dead on a Saturday night (memorial day weekend) at like 8. They were not even serving dinner and the fire pit was not on. A bit disappointing. Can't imagine what this would be like on a summer weeknight? We hung out at the Hyatt. They had a firepit, s'mores, dinner, drinks, attendants, etc. their pool area looked a lot more happening. Overall seemed much more lively.

Overall I think it gets a 4, because it is a luxury hotel in a great location, but some things were lacking.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nick E

Thank you for your review. The Beaver Creek Lodge is in a fantastic location and is a beautiful building. We are in the process of redesigning our restaurant menu that will be introduced at the end of June. We are also beginning the renovation of our guest rooms and some of our common areas with new furniture, televisions and features that will enhance your stay and add to our inspiring location. Check our website for some fantastic summer promotions and come back soon !!