“Wonderful ambiance, good (expensive) food”
Review of Zach's Cabin

Zach's Cabin
Ranked #33 of 85 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (970) 754-6575, Zach's Cabin 214 Beaver Creek Place, Avon, CO 81620 (970) 754-6575‎
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Loved it!

Fun ride up the mountain on a snow-cat-driven sleigh under the stars.

Fantastic and warm ambiance once you get there, complete with a beautiful fireplace and elaborate chandeliers. They offer you furry crocks to change into, if you wish. I passed on that.

Friendly and excellent service.

Interesting and varied menu, with entrees ranging from $30 to $55 and appetizers at $15 and up. Loved the butternut squash lobster bisque. Loved the chili encrusted elk. My friend's beets/goat cheese salad was good. My other friend's steak was excellent. The duck pappardelle sounded good but turned out to be very mediocre and actually quite disappointing. All the portions were very reasonable. After an appetizer and an entree we were way too full to try the dessert.

Wine list was very extensive. A friendly sommelier was on hand to decant our bottle. While the majority of wines on the list were way out of our price range, they do have several bottles in a $50 range to choose from.

Overall, this was definitely a fun and memorable experience. The place was expensive, but it was worth it.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

My son is 6, and so I knew he would get a kick out of the "sleigh ride" to dinner. After reading reviews on here for both Beano's and Zach's Cabin, we picked Zach's. I'm very glad we did- we had a great experience. You are picked up at your reservation time in front of the Ritz Carlton, which you can easily get to via Beaver Creek's free shuttle. My son enjoyed the ride up to the cabin. We were lucky in that we had great weather so weren't cold at all. The banjo player on the way up was entertaining and added to the whole experience of it. I thought the food was excellent. It is of course pricey, but not unreasonably so compared to other fine dining restaurants. I had the filet which was delicious. The service was good also- they were very accomodating to special requests. When I was looking at the wine menu, the busser sent the sommelier over without my even requesting it. The atmosphere was wonderful, and it made for a very enjoyable special night out.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Enjoyed the snow cat sleigh ride, food, atmosphere and view! A very special night! Can't go wrong with any of the selections. Wine suggestion waiter made was great too!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Food was excellent, so was the service.
Had a wonderfull birthday dinner.
The trip from hotel to restaurant by snowcat was a great experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We had a very large party of 10 children under the age of 12 and 9 adults.... not only did the restaurant accomodate us all, they did it in a very timely manner!!
A nice surprise, was being able to change out of snow boots etc, into a fluffy pair of crocs!!
The food was amazing... all of us trying something we hadn't eaten before, and we weren't disappointed.
The wait staff were knowledgable and friendly, and knew about the food they were serving.
There was absolutely nothing negative about our visit to Zach's Cabin.... and the Snow Cat driven sleigh ride was quick and scenic!!!