“Beat my expectations”

Zach's Cabin
Ranked #43 of 87 Restaurants in Beaver Creek
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (970) 754-6575, Zach's Cabin 214 Beaver Creek Place, Avon, CO 81620 (970) 754-6575‎
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Would highly recommend experiencing Zach's to anyone visiting Beaver Creek. The food, atmosphere and service was awesome. The wine list was good but very pricy. We stayed after dinner to have a few more glasses of wine. We sat on the couches in front of the fireplace for another hour and never once felt rushed. Everyone was so friendly. The sleigh ride was chilly but well worth it! Make sure you get a seat at the front of the sleigh. We sat in the back on the way there and got sprayed with snow all the way up the mountain.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

You start this dining adventure when you hand your car keys to the Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch valet. Once inside the stunning lobby of the Ritz you check in for Zach's. Tip: arrive a 1/2 hour early and have a cocktail in one of the Ritz's lounges - Spago was my favorite.

Soon you are called to meet your sleigh for a short trip up the mountain to arrive at Zach's and walk in on the red carpet. The cabin is a smallish cozy room with a large fireplace in the middle of the room. Tip: request a table by the fire. The service was excellent from the moment we arrive. Kyle our waiter was knowledgeable a very helpful in making choices from the many wonderful selections. There is a Somalia on staff, whom was also most helpful. If Elk is on the menu, don't hesitate to order it. The apple tart was also fantastic.

Zach's in on the expensive side, but by no means over the top price wise. Entrees were 21 to 47 and the wine list was much higher for selections I've had other equal places. But Hey They Have To Hull it Up A Mountain!

1  Thank Winterstime
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We have been to Zach's 4 or 5 times over the past several years. The restaurant has demonstrated great consistency in both food and service. During our most recent visit in Jan 2012, members of our party had the Kobe beef appetizer and Caesar salad both of which were excellent. We also had the beef tenderloin and my personal favorite - elk tenderloin. The entrees were delicious and everyone was very pleased with their meals. It's also fun getting to the restaurant, because you are taken there on a sleigh. Since you have to board the sleigh at the Ritz Carlton at Bachelor's Gulch, be sure to stop in the bar for a nice hot buttered rum before you head up the mountain on the sleigh. Highly recommend this restaurant for a special night out. It is a little on the expensive side, but will not disappoint!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We went here for a special ocassion and the staff made sure that we had a fantastic time. We were on the 5pm sleigh up and I felt like our meal was quite speedy since we were the first seating of the evening... my only complaint was I wish I could have had more time to take it all in.
The sleigh ride is such a cool experience. When you get there you then get to change into slippers - such a unique idea. We then were seated at a great table and greeted quickly. The food was delish and the wine list one of the most impressive. I highly recommend!

1  Thank la_heck
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The cabin is only open to the public for dinner and only during the ski season. The snow cat ride up was fun, but it was snowing and quite cold. We were fortunate enough to get in the inside cat but ways, but it only holds 12 people. The group that was in the open cat was covered in snow and freezing when they arrived at the cabin. The service was good but the food was mediocre at best. The kids buffet was $25 for Mac and cheese and baked chicken. I had salmon and it was dried out and VERY bland. If you are going to spend that kind of money, I think Beano's cabin was better.