“Very good - would recommend”
Review of Cima - CLOSED

Cima
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Inside the Westin Riverfront Resort
Transit: Avon Transportation Center
San Francisco, California
“Very good - would recommend”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We eat here often and the food is very consistent. It's not the most expensive or high end, but solid in performance. The views are great, along with the space. It's modern in an otherwise rustic environment.
The pizza's are very yummy along with the salads. If you're looking for a higher zagat rated restaurant, go to Grouse Mtn or elsewhere. But this is good food for the price.

colorado
“bummer...poor food, decent service, unhelpful management”
Reviewed May 15, 2009

i have eaten a couple of times at this establishment during business trips from denver. on the positive side it is a beautiful space in the brand new westin hotel, unfortunately everything else is average at best...
at lunch the server raved about the mussels skillet, but the hot skillet was pooled with liquid and the "fresh" center cut calamari was rubbery and almost inedible. when the plate was sent back, a male manager came over and was condescending towards our table, insisting that there wasn't anything wrong with the food...not the best way to treat the customer. Service has been polite, but slow...i think this is mainly due to the kitchen and not the server. I have always enjoyed the truffle fries, and the larkburger, but you can go to their other establishment known as Larkburger to grab this for cheaper and without the attitude from the management. I did spend a few years in the restaurant business, so i do feel this is an honest review of the establishment. I don't mind spending money on a quality lunch in a beautiful setting...this just isn't the place to do it.

vaildiner19
“Don't go here”
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I ate here a few months ago and will not go back. We ordered the lamb meatballs for appetizers which were nothing special. However, the real disappointment came in my main dish which was an extremely fatty piece of lamb encrusted in what could only be described as dried grey poupon. I have never sent back a piece of meat but I just couldn't eat it. After ordering an appetizer (hoping it would be quick) it took 30 minutes to come out. They didn't charge us for the lamb entree but also did not offer anything else in spite of our clear disappointment.

Sarasota, FL
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We visited on a sugestion from the Park Hyatt staff. Apparently, they were finishing the floors, so it was closed, but the matre d' gave us half off to come back the next night, which we happily did. The place was busy - very telling considering it was off-season late April. Our server was very good and the dining room manager also stopped by for a chat. They made us feel welcome. We started with the butternut squash soup - creamy and well seasoned. We the tried the mussels which were plump and very tasty. The mussels at Vin48 are slightly better tasting, but not as plump. I had the pork chops based on comments here and was not disappointed. Swine flu - humbug! My wife had the halibut which was cooked to perfection. The bill was quite high - over $200 with tip, but we got half off which made it a good value. To be fair, though, we did order a pretty expensive bottle of wine, so don't be put off. They also had pizza that looked good. Oh, and the view is wonderful!

Vail, CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Local Recommends...!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2009

As a Vail valley local, after a few recent dining experiences, Avondale in the Westin in Avon is definitely one of my favorite restaurants to recommend. If you enjoy modern chef driven food over, tired cookie cutter run-of-the-mill cuisine, I think the menu is as creative as is delicious. Highlights over my dining experiences were the mussels platter (mentioned in the previous review), the creamy butternut squash soup (something I try and perfect every fall!), as well as the Cioppino. One of my favorite seafood dishes, a hearty stew of shellfish in a tomato broth, I've tried it's different incarnations at several restaurants, and Avondale's ranks among my top dishes.
Other local friends share my enthusiasm with this new restaurant. The bar scene is usually hopping, the decor is unique yet relaxing, and the patio view is amazing, sitting adjacent to the eagle river and the base of BC. I'm looking forward to sipping some cocktails on the deck in the warm Colorado sun this summer. Avondale is worth checking out!!

1 Thank DFunkAllstar