“Convenient location, Decent service, and affordable”

The Charter at Beaver Creek
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Beaver Creek
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The Charter does a wonderful job for the type of hotel/condo resort it is. We rented a 1 bedroom condominium for the week of Christmas. The condo was true to the photos represented on the website. I always think that the photos are the best condos, but they were true in our experience. It was clean, up to date, and had great amenities. This is a HUGE property, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well cared for it was.
We used the concierge grocery shopping service to stock our condo, which was a nice convenience. They did not receive my grocery order before we got there, (could have been my husband's error) but jumped to attention and delivered our groceries Christmas Eve night, 3 hours after getting our original list. Very attentive, I was impressed.
The hot tub and indoor pool were nice and clean.
I found The Charter to be a very good value for Beaver Creek, with nice amenities and good service. I would recommend based on my stay there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Charter at Beaver Creek

Reviewed December 29, 2010

I rented a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo for me, my two young adult cousins and my two daughters ages 7 and 10. It was a perfect choice. The Charter's location is ideal and includes free parking, which is a big bonus since the public lots cost $33/day. The staff was super friendly and willing to help in any way possible. Our condo, number 4420, was comfortable with every amenity we could want. The wood for the fireplace was neatly stacked on the patio and the bellman came to help us with it when we had difficulty starting it. The beds were comfortable with plenty of blankets. The bathrooms were well stocked. The flat screen tvs were equiped with cable and the kids watched a fun dvd. There was a glitch with our room service order one evening but they fixed it in a timely manner. The carbon monoxide detector started going off and the front desk sent a maintenance man to check it promptly (low batteries). The restaurant kindly gave us plastic containers so the kids could collect snow to take back to our room and make snow ice cream. We caught the shuttle to and from the ski school each morning. It was about a six minute ride to the ski school area and we never waited longer then 10 minutes for a shuttle to arrive. In terms of downsides, the fitness area was not that impressive since it was small and a little crowded. However, they do have the machines that most people would probably want. Also, the breakfast buffet was pricey at almost $16 for adults and $10 for kids and didn't have the extensive selection we would expect at this price point. However, they did have a cold buffet choice, which was a few bucks cheaper. All in all, I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it if you want something comfortable, kid friendly, convenient to everything and with all the amenities.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I booked this hotel through a sale sight after reading a few reviews. In the booking I requested a king bed instead of two queens. When we arrived we were told the king rooms were sold out to a wedding party. Bummed, we went to our two queen room which was nice, but for us, two people- we felt a lot of the room was being taken up by a bed we didn't need. We went out for dinner satisfied with our hotel choice. However, when we returned the adjoining room to ours was having a very loud cocktail gathering. Not ready to deal with this all night I called the front desk and asked if we could be relocated. To my surprise they called back and told us the bellman would be up shortly to move us to our upgrade of a 1 bedroom condo. When we arrived to our new accomodations- we were so grateful! A lovely condo with a balony overlooking the wooded property, king bed, lovely living room, full size kitchen... we were elated. The staff saved us from what could have been a horrible weekend. We enjoyed our stay immensely. The location is perfect! A quick walk to the village center, but yet far enough away to have complete peace and quiet. The grounds were lovely adn very clean. Outdoor pool was the prefect temperature and waking up to soak in the hot tub was the best in the cool mornings. Thank you Charter! We will return.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I took my boyfriend here as a surprise for his birthday this weekend and we were very satisfied with The Charter. We stayed in on of the hotel room with a balcony and a great view. Bed was extremely comfortable and room was homey. The pool was clean and very quiet. Great spa with steam room and sauna. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend The Charter for any season!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smfkitty
Reviewed July 17, 2010

The Charter is a beautiful resort complex five minutes from Beaver Creek Village and ski lift. Heavily discounted summer rate for a mid-week visit. There is no A/C in the hotel, but temperatures dropped to comfortable levels at night. I would recommend that you get a room or condo-style room on a higher floor to catch the summer breezes. We left our windows open all day. Very clean and very well appointed two-queen room with mini-fridge, TV, DVR, radio, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, etc. Staff was very pleasant and grounds (swimming pools (indoor and out) with multiple hot tubs are beautiful. Parked the car in the underground garage and did not move it until we left at the end of our trip. Lots of shuttles available, but we stayed around the resort or village (which has lots of shops, restaurants, and outdoor ice skating (yes, in July). If you geocache there are several in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Having been with a Fortune 20 company for over 18 years, I’ve attended and/or planned my fair share of meetings. I can say unequivocally, that the Charter at Beaver Creek is in my top 3 places in the United States, and number one in Colorado for their rooms and service. In fact, I’ve been using the Charter for my sales team meetings for over a decade. I’ve also had two family reunions there as well. There are two major reasons for this: First, this isn’t a hotel property – the units are all different, as nice as your own home (granite kitchens, modern, warm mountain interiors, great amenities etc..). Second, though the property is large enough for any meeting – you get service like a boutique hotel. They remember your name and company; they want your business. I have over 2 million frequent flier miles, so I’ve stayed in my share of hotels. Going to the Charter is more like going home – you can cook in the unit, you have room to hang out, the property is gorgeous etc etc. I highly recommend them to anyone. Oh yeah, one more thing, you don't have to use a tram to get to the city center!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The Charter has long been a family favorite, whether for an extended vacation or a weekend getaway. Rooms are comfortable & well furnished. The Charter staff is attentive and among the most service-oriented of any of the places we frequent.

Within easy walking distance of Beaver Creek Village, the resort offers a broad range of activities for any season of the year. Nearby golf courses are outstanding, the skiing is world-class, and the shopping is very good.

We've used The Charter for a wedding, vacation and reumion, as well as a weekend retreat, and it fits every time. Our most recent stay was a family event for which we reserved a two bedroom unit. Even with our teen boys, the room was quiet, the kitchen well stocked and able to meet our food prep needs, and the rooms comfortable and roomy.

The Charter will be on our list of repeat places to visit for a long time to come.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family