Eagle's Nest Cabins & Homes
$105
La Quinta Inn and Suites Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
$94
Hotels.com
$124
$114
Homewood
$51
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn and Suites Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
$81
Hampton Inn Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
$100
$92
Quality Inn Durango(Durango)(Great Value!)
$63
$60
The Rochester Hotel and Leland House(Durango)(Great Value!)
$139
Priceline
All reviewsthe perfect vacation spotperfect hostsconnieaerietalonroomydogvallecitocabinpetsummersites
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to attend my companies outing at the Eagel's Nest Cabins. The accomodation were Outstanding. The cabins were very comfortable and clean. The best part of the experience were the hosts Doug and Connie...........Thank You. Excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin N
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We took our corporate group to the Eagle's Nest Cabins. The experience and the facilities were great. I would highly recommend for families, family reunions, corporate team builds, etc. Doug and Connie were outstanding hosts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg W
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My family has been going to Vallecito Lake for about 20 years. In 2003 we stayed at Eagle's Nest for the first time and have stayed there ever since. It is like home to us. We love the location, the owners, the cabins, the lake. We enjoy feeding the fish in their pond, having campfires, playing horseshoes. It is very close to many great hiking trails (we really like the Emarald Lake trail) and the lake. We like to fish, hike, go to the Bar-D, spend a day in Durango, and just relax around the cabin. We stayed in the Cozy Log cabin this year which was wonderful, but we like them all! They are maintained well, clean, and have a great kitchen for cooking. This is our favorite place to stay for vacation, it is a great place to be.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed May 30, 2013

“Outstanding Accommodation”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
I stayed in the Talon cabin for two weeks. I arrived in early May and spring had not yet sprung- cold and rainy. However, these cabins are so incredibly well maintained- very clean, modern,everything and I mean everything you could possibly need in the kitchen- that I had a magnificent time simply hangin' at the cabin. You want rustic comfort -these are the ticket. Can't say enough about how nice this facility is. Andre owners Doug and Connie are some of these nicest people you could ever meet. Go into town (2 minutes away) and hit the Mexican restaurant for huevos for breakfast, then hit the lake for great fishing (even from shore). Five +stars in my book- can't wait to go back!

More Problem with this review?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Charlie533
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I just returned from a week at Eagles Nest. We stayed in the delightful Aerie cabin. It was fantastic. We slept like babies every night, awoke each day to cool breezes and drop-dead-gorgeous scenery. Vallecito Lake is the perfect place to get away from it all. We had considered staying in Durango, but the first day we ventured into Durango, we knew instantly we'd made the right decision to stay at Vallecito.

I should say a word about our hosts as well. Doug and Connie Allen were unfailingly kind and gracious hosts, helpful with tourist information, and going above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay enjoyable. They are great people, and by the end of the week, they felt to us more like dear friends than hosts.

I've posted a few pictures of our stay in southwest Colorado, both on my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4186622182276.2175210.1186170529&type=1) and on my photography website (http://ronlongwell.photoshelter.com/gallery/New-Mexico-Colorado/G0000ElYRQAQB6aw/).

You won't regret staying at Eagles Nest. The cabins are clean, quiet, well-maintained, and very comfortable. And if that weren't enough, it's worth it just to meet Doug and Connie! Thanks, Friends, for a fantastic week!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family