“Best food at Vallecito.”
Review of Pura Vida Cafe

Pura Vida Cafe
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Bayfield
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Costa Rican, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Funky Jimmy Buffet atmosphere breakfast(weekends only), lunch and dinner cafe on the edge of a mountain lake at 8000ft. Owned and operated by a Certified Executive Chef and his wonderful staff. Something for everyone with wide variety international menu. 7 Days May to October 1.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Delicious, quality casual dining right on the shore of Vallecito Reservoir. Beautiful setting along the lake with the mountains as a backdrop. We especially like the Sunday morning Bloody Mary bar and Eggs Benedict specials. We live in Durango and go 1-2 Sundays per month. Heads-up they are open in the warm months only.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

After kayaking on the lake, we always enjoy dinner at Pura Vida. Friendly staff, excellent food, unbeatable views.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Best place for sunset drinks,the food is very good,and there is a great selection of tiki drinks a great place after a day of hiking

Reviewed September 13, 2012

It was better then I thought it was. Great chef, food was awesome. Great view too. Sit outside if you can

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband I just drove to the lake for dinner at Pura Vida. In a word-AWESOME! The beautiful lake, the sunset, the outdoor deck, the service, the food, everyone should try this one. I had beef enchilada's with green chili and it was the best Mexican food I've ever had (and I'm from NM). My husband had the chimichanga with pork and I ate a lot of his too. :) The rice and beans were excellent, as was the salsa. Too bad it shuts down for the winter, but we're definitely going back this weekend.