“Loved WTR”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayfield
Wilderness Trails Ranch
Houston
“Loved WTR”
Reviewed April 5, 2007

I am from Texas and have been to many Texas dude ranches. My stay at WTR in Durango far outweighed any of my other stays anywhere else (and this is coming from a proud Texas family!) The food, lodge, activities, and service was excellent. The children loved "Frontier Day" where staff taught and held activities about the wilderness and the Indians that once lived in the Colorado Rockies. It was a nice thing to have the children entertained while the adults did their own thing. The location is perfect and close enough to the small, lively town of Durango. My family and I enjoyed our stay and have even booked a week for next summer.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TXtravler83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
california
Reviewed March 25, 2007

We actually left before the week was up and stayed elsewhere. It wasn't worth it to suffer through the bad food and bad experiences. I felt hostage to the fact that the money was spent and then decided I would happily pay to leave. It was completely not what my kids or I expected. the one and only time I have ever left and would actually warn familites to avoid.

• Stayed July 2005
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank sophia5
wildernesstrails, owner manager at Wilderness Trails Ranch, responded to this review, February 19, 2009
This review is very confusing. We did not have any guests check out ahead of schedule in July of 2005. I believe this is a farce.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayfield
Iron Horse Inn
#3 of 10 in Bayfield
Bear Paw Lodge
Bear Paw Lodge
#6 of 10 in Bayfield

Been to Wilderness Trails Ranch? Share your experiences!