“A BIG piece of Heaven!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayfield
Wilderness Trails Ranch
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My family is third generation guests of Wilderness Trails! It IS home away from home. So nice to get away from the routine and be taken care of and waited on. And no dishes! I have my favorite horses, and my favorite trails and spots on the mountains! Every visit gives me new friends as well as those I see from years before. There is so much to choose from, but besides riding, my other fun stuff to do is fishing, dancing, and the hot tub/pool. The ranch is quiet and serene - a great place to recharge and relax. And if you come earlier in the season, you will be treated to a wonderful wildflower show on your rides or hikes. WTR staff is always professional and personal. They are helpful and can make sure your needs are met. And as far as a children's program, WTR has the best. Your kids will be so happy and busy they won't know what day it is! (It is a little noisier during family weeks!) Make Wilderness Trails YOUR place to be!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ColoradoRanchgirl

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Our week at Wilderness Trails was a delight. We traveled with our 6- and 8-year old grand daughters. Neither they nor we were "horse people." The facilities were very nice, the horses (each of us had his own) were perfect for us, the food very good and tailored to some finicky appetites, and the scenery spectacular. But all that was secondary to the way we were treated. The 20-person staff, to a person, could not have been more intent upon making sure we, and more importantly, the girls, had the time of our lives. The Roberts (owners) family involvement was apparent not only from their physical presence but their obvious behind the scenes efforts to be sure everyone was always safe, comfortable and having a great time. The girls' mini-bouts of home sickness one or two mornings were instantly cured as soon as they saw their new friends, the other guests and the staff.

Some memories that the girls came home with - - "my horse," hummingbirds, the new colt, riding in the rodeo, making crafts with Katie and Rachel, seeing the Milky Way, lots of poop, the teenage guests that adopted them, "my first fish," and a lot more that are still coming out.

We've had the good fortune to travel the world. This expanded our horizons.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DelBloem
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I haev been to this racnh before with a friend and that was great but this time i brought my grand daughters and they did not want to leave. The days were orginized by the kids wraglers they meet in the sand box and went off to learn to shoot a bow and arrow nad fish for Trout and rope a steer head on straw and ride the horses.There is so much for the kids to do plus YOU also get to choose what you will be doing from an all day ride to a half a day ride and maybe a spa day or a cattle ride in the am and a senic ride in the pm. Or did you want to fish well they have a river and the poles to get you started right near the ranch. The cabins are very nice I rented one cabin and one side had a queen side and its on bathroom and the other side had its own bathroom and a double bed and a twin. The girls and I had a full day each day and then it was Shirley Temple time and a glass of wine for Nana :0). One day a week they teach you how to dance from a line dance to a two step and some others i cant name that was a blast then of Thursday we had a dance "wow" that was fun. The wanglers love the ranch and thier kids that they meet and the Kids loved them it was a great time. I would say go go go... you wont regret it I promise ... A Nebraska Cow Girl i'll be back and I have 13 grandkids !!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 68,410
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have been all around the world and I will put this as the best vacation ever. I proposed to my girlfriend when we were there. Wrangler Connie and Gary heard and offered a place to take me but I wanted to do it privately. The staff were helpful and accommodating. Once my fiancee didn't make it to breakfast and once I returned to the cabin, one of the wait staff came to see if she was ok and offered to bring her something. My fiancee also suffered some pollen allergies and they bought her medicine from town. Wrangler Jennifer paired us up with excellent horses. Josh took me to an off-trail ride. I would like to add more but there is a 50 character minimum. If you would like to know more feel free to email me @ [------] Sandy was more than helpful in putting the vacation together. I would like to extend my thank you to Jean and Jan Roberts for an excellent vacation. We will definitely see you next year!

Room Tip: We had 10R. Very quiet and away from main cabin.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rgajilan
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We came to celebrate my friend's birthday by riding in the Rockies and had a great time! The office staff of Sandy and Victoria and all the Wranglers (Katherine, Joe and all) made us feel welcome right from the get-go. Our cabin was very clean and wonderfully western with a lovely soaking shower/tub. Loved all the little extra touches like the hand lotion. The horses were perfect for us. We have our own horses at home and believe it or not, we were matched with horses that were very similar to ours! The week's stay really was not long enough.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Dear WTR,

Thank you for a truly magnificent and adventurous vacation this summer. We arrived with the expectation of experiencing great horseback rides, amazing scenery and lots of fun. We got all this and in addition we also experienced sublime service by your ranch crew who only after a few days on the ranch seemed more like close friends to us than crew. All of our expectations were exceeded and it has the vacation of a lifetime. We hope to visit you soon again. Kind regards Jette, Pernille and Caroline

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Jetterosenstand
wildernesstrails, Manager at Wilderness Trails Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2011

Thank you Girls! Every time we hear the Bonanza song we think of you! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2010

I just came back from Cowgirl Camp. What a great week. Lots of good riding plus interesting evening activites for the 15 ladies. I have visited and enjoyed thr ranch on family vacations 4 times, but wanted a true get away. This week was just that. Lots of riding, with gentle instrustion and beautiful weather and scenery. My favarite riding is herding cattle and I had 3 different opportunities to work with the cattle. Over half the group owned horse but the varied level of teh group was handled well. Everyone seemd to have a good time no matter what their level was
Everyone had thier own room and bath in an upscale 2 room cabin.
The staff was great and friendly

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Wilderness Trails Ranch? Share your experiences!