All reviews continental breakfast great location living room pedestal sink small refrigerator fly fishing microwave and coffee maker walking distance the river el jebel overnight stay maroon bells front desk person main street a great place to stay fresh fruit great room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After being very disappointed two years back at Hotel Aspen we decided to look else where. We found the newly remodeled Basalt Mtn Inn, and from here on out this will be our place. A 20-25 min drive to Aspen Highlands. Super clean rooms, and spacious. We booked the midland suite which has a private balcony, huge bedroom with king beds. Eating table, decent size fridge, microwave, sofa bed...all things you need for a ski race wknd. Four of us stayed and it never felt cramped. The bathroom had to sinks and was extremely large and again all the extra space for gear. Customer service is top notch. Very friendly and accommodating. Restaurants in walking distance, and an ice cream store. VERY well priced for what you get. Comfy bedding which is a must for me. We will be back for sure.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Zach F, General Manager at Basalt Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review. We're very happy to hear that yo enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed December 17, 2019

The worst people ever! I never write reviews , but this time, I just had to. Basalt Mountain Inn made a mistake on a pricing, and after I booked the room and payed for the whole trip (air fair, car rental, and so on) they called me last minute to tell me that THEY MADE A MISTAKE, AND NOW I have to pay 10 times more. I understand, mistakes can happen, but they way they handle it, that I can't understand.....the manager instead of helping me and see what he can do to fix their own mistake, find any solution or give me a discount or anything..... was super rude, abrasive and very aggressive. He used intimidation as a tactic to scare me...That is not good.
So now, I not only lost a lot of money on this whole trip, because of their mistake, but I also emotionally got spit in a face. Feels very inhumane:(! Don't know the place itself to be fair, but people who work there defiantly are lacking reasoning skills, compassion, and just human dignity. And can not take responsibility for their o

Date of stay: December 2019
Zach F, General Manager at Basalt Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

For starters you were a jerk. To go on from there you made a reservation from a 3rd party (Booking.com) the night before I personally called you. The 3rd party offered you a room for $11 per night, $11 during Christmas week is obviously a mistake. I offered you the same room for $99, which is half the price that my rooms were going for. I did try and work it out with you and I was losing money from a mistake that we had nothing to do with. I am sorry that you made those other arrangements but I did call you within hours of you booking the room from once again a 3rd party. You are lacking skills,compassion, human dignity and just rational thought if you really thought you were going to get a room in the Roaring Fork Valley during Christmas week for $11 per night.

Reviewed September 25, 2019

husband & wife (late 50s) visited Roaring Fork Valley for a wk to attend a wedding & vacation; we stayed a couple of nights in Basalt for husband fly fishing & to attend a party at Tempranillo restaurant; this lodging was one of the options recommended by the bride's family; we originally thought more of my family would be making the trip, so we reserved 3 rooms early on; by the deadline for cancellation, we were down to needing only 1 efficiency unit (#24 in back); the staff was very accommodating giving out info & making adjustments during multiple phone calls from multiple family members; the location right in town is great; staff was helpful w/restaurant recommendations (there are numerous good options in town frm cheap to fine dining, but streets roll up pretty early, so there is nothing late night; we had to make a late run to El Jebel to Wendy's!); the units are small & furnishings are basic, but the property is well maintained; mini fridge, coffee/tea maker, & microwave were nice; #24's bathroom was hilariously tight (sit on toilet & reach sink or into shower; door barely cleared toilet & shower when opened/closed; tiny sink, but big nice shower); parking is tight but OK; we were pleased to have a ground floor unit w/parking right in front, & a little grass space w/trees; continental breakfast was just right

Reviewed September 12, 2019

Clean, comfortable rooms right in the heart of Olde Town Basalt. Easy walking distance to good restaurants and the river. Continental breakfast included but is less what you would expect from such. Daily cleaning of the rooms so be sure your valuables are secure. A little expensive for the lack of amenities but good for a overnight stay.

Room tip: First floor rooms are better if you don't like stairs.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Zach F, General Manager at Basalt Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Thank you for your review and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. While it is good practice to keep valuables locked up we have a fantastic cleaning staff whom we have never had a theft incident. We do only have a few amenities but we like to keep it clean,quaint, and comfortable and we are the least expensive deal in town. We try very hard to keep a quality product at a very affordable rate in an area where everything is beyond expensive.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Room was clean and comfortable. Easy walking distance to restaurants. Kathy(?)day staff,was very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was basic but fine. Quiet location off of the very,very, busy highway. Wi Fi worked great.