“Admittedly I am a Fro-Yo guru”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mauka Frozen Yogurt
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Basalt
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Okay, granted, there are a lot of great frozen yogurt places in my home town. I was THRILLED to find Mauka while vacationing in Basalt, the only one of its kind in the entire Valley. My husband and I enthusiastically went in with reasonable expectations. We didn't expect a huge number of flavors (they had more than we were anticipating) or a vast array of toppings (which also exceeded what we'd thought). So far, so good! But we didn't have a great experience for a couple of reasons: (1) the yogurt didn't taste that good (kind of had a chemical aftertaste and was icy, not creamy) (2) the greeting was not very warm and friendly but instead perfunctory. I mean we weren't looking to make friends but the Aspen-like aloofness was noticeable (3) there were a lot of rules - begging for a sample cup and not having your ticket toward a free yogurt punched unless your current order was over a certain weight (4) the prices were HIGH. I know, I know, we're near Aspen but come on. The cost was easily 50% more than similar portions at most every other fro-yo place we've been to and we've been to many around the country. Overall, Mauka wasn't much fun and that's part of the magic behind fro-yo places. They should be happy, joyful environments where you can get a treat that's relatively healthy (or not, by your own choice). Our visit to Mauka made us just want to leave quickly.

1  Thank iknowquality

Been to Mauka Frozen Yogurt? Share your experiences!