“I am done with this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of El Korita

El Korita
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Basalt
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Basalt, Colorado
“I am done with this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Poor service, bad food and dark interior. I've tried to like, gone at various times of day and ordered lots of different things, it's all bad!!! They don't take reservations so worst of all is Friday night when, after you've waited 40 minutes for a table, friends of the owners/employees arrive and snap, are seated right off while you continue to be ignored! DONE, DONE, DONE!

Visited October 2012

Snowmass, CO
“Extremely bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The other night my roommate and I decided to get some Mexican food so we came to this restaurant. We waited patiently for our table and when we were sat down a nice busser girl came by with chips, salsa and water. We went through two baskets of chips, two sides of salsa and a refill of water before anyone came by to take our drink order. It's not that we were hungry and ate the chips and salsa fast, it was because it took our server over a half an hour to come by our table. It wasn't very busy. When she finally arrived it was as if she was irritated that we were in the restaurant and getting food. Basically came up and said, "what do you want?" She probably could have said, "sorry for the wait" or something along those lines. We ordered a beer, an app, and some dinner. I finished my first beer with the app and didn't see the server once before our food came out, which took about another 45 mins. When I asked her for another beer it was pretty much the biggest inconvenience for her to get it, sorry Hun, I want to drink something besides water with my meal. As we ate she never once came by to see how we were doing or ask if we would like another refill, which we both did want. After my empty plate and glass sat in front of me for another half hour we finally had to waive her down to get the check. I contemplated just leaving, but I always pay my bill. She got our bill and just set it down amongst our dirty plates not ever asking how our meal was or thanked us for stopping by. Needless to say, and this goes against anything I've ever said and done before, but we didn't tip her a cent, in fact I put $0.00 in the spot where the tip goes with a line through it, just so she knew that was horrible service.
I've worked in the restaurant industry for well over ten years in every aspect. Management, serving, bar tending, bussing, cooking, etc. I know how to act as a customer and I also know how I should be treated. I will not come back to this establishment and I'm thoroughly surprised that it is #1 for restaurants in Basalt.
The food is also mediocre at best. There are so many other Mexican restaurants in this area that are really good that it baffles me that this place gets good reviews.
This isn't the only time I've had bad service here, I came here with my girlfriend about a year ago and when the server thought her ID was fake (which it wasn't) he threw both her and my ID down on the table when my gf was getting out a second ID to prove it was her, then he left the table and took someone else's order. We walked out. I thought I would never return after that but I gave them another chance and look what happened. This restaurant is horrible. Come on down and eat here if you wNt to be treated poorly by the staff but I'll never eat here again.

aspen, colorado
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Nothing but praise for this place, the service was great and the food was excellent. Best oysters in the valley without question. Try the Carne Asada or the Carnitas, they were both exceptional. Also, ask for the spicy salsa but be careful, it bites back. Will definitely go back again. Good job everyone at El Korita

• Visited October 2012
Chucago
“Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Food was really good, portions generous. Service could be brought up a notch - faster and more attentive- but over all, it was a good experience. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum.!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Food is great,nice flavors...love the salsa.
front desk needs some help, but the food makes up for that...come and enjoy the fish tacos and shrimp can-cun.!!

Been to El Korita? Share your experiences!