“Yes, please!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Smoke Modern BBQ
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Basalt
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a neighborhood-oriented, made from scratch, casual restaurant. The feel is young, hip transcending the perception of BBQ restaurants past. Serving a variety of draft and bottled microbrews representing local breweries and popular brews from great BBQ regions (Texas, the Carolinas, Memphis/Arkansas and Kansas City) we feature an approachable wine list and a full line of spirits. The menu is driven by the chefs and their Southern roots, the Great American BBQ traditions as well as seasonal and regional products.
Aspen, Colorado
“Yes, please!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Smoke is in my top three restaurants in the valley. I love the southern twist BBQ. Mac and cheese is always amazing, especially the shrimp sausage Mac on Mondays with fried chicken! Mmmm! Service is always great.. I can't say enough. Keep up the good work, y'all!

jamieriot, Owner at Smoke Modern BBQ, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate it!

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Excellent food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Excellent food...just be sure you don't want to speak with the folks in your group.
I've only had catering from Smoke in the past and have LOVED it. My parents were in town so I wanted to share that experience with them. Unfortunately, I chose to take them to the restaurant instead of taking something back to my house for lunch.
We sat in a booth and had basically no conversation because my older parents felt they had to shout to compete with the noise level. My dad had to turn his hearing aids off completely because of the noise coming from the kitchen was so high, he couldn't hear our voices over the background. Again, this was a late lunch-- I can't imagined what a packed house at dinner time must be like there.
The staff was great, the food was great. Too bad they couldn't get the restaurant designed so it wasn't an echo chamber.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Colorado
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

You have to try the burnt ends mac and cheese. The ribs were great too, you can get them wet or dry. I chose wet and it was a wonderful bbq sauce.

Visited August 2013
“I think Tuesday's may be 1/2 Priced Wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dinning alone, I stopped into Smoke for the first time on Tuesday. Casual dinning/bar atmosphere, but lots of families too. The weather was so nice I sat in the quaint outdoor patio area. I planned a light bite and a drink before a movie (The Butler-email if you'd like a review). The happy hour menu was an assortment of small plates and discounted beverages between 4pm-6pm. Pork/Brisket Sliders $2 ea, deviled eggs (these looked amazing!) $1 ea. etc. I opted for a bowl of the chicken tortilla soup which was excellent. A thick smoked tomato/cream base with pico and chips. While I did not order the barbecue, for which they are named, the plates going out looked yummy! The salads also looked fresh and tasty. But the best surprise was when I got my bill and both glasses of wine were half-priced! I think Tuesday's may be half priced wine day? I will definitely eat at Smoke again.

• Visited September 2013
Basalt, Colorado, United States
“Best ribs in the valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My Wife and I mostly have our drinks here, but also enjoy our less frequent meals. The best ribs, to eat in or take out, good salads and the best
staff.
Many of the staff have been with the owner, Jaymie since opening.
Excellent and friendly service. Always meet friends here.

Stu & Linda Nichols

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Smoke Modern BBQ? Share your experiences!