“one of my favorites in the valley”
Review of Tempranillo

Tempranillo
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempranillo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Basalt
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Two Rivers Road
Transit: RFTA bus stop from Aspen, Snowmass and Glenwood Springs is located less than 1 block from Tempranillo Restaurant. From the bus stop, follow Midland ave 1 block and Tempranillo Restaurant will be on the right hand side in the big yellow building.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the valley. I always try to eat here whenever I'm in town. Consistently great food. In the summer it's fun to sit outside. Great atmosphere. Good bar area.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was supposed to be a restaurant of Spain and Italy. We ordered a cheese plate from Spain and no one in the restaurant could tell us what kind or cheeses were on the plate. The food was very mediocre, and the service wasn't must better.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I had dinner here about 2 months ago with one other person. Everything about this experience was terrible. When we came in, we were greeted by the owner, who is very friendly, really the only positive part of the evening. We sat outside, and then stuff got bad. Our waitress was incredibly rude. Had the sort of attitude like we were stupid and would blatantly roll her eyes whenever we asked a question. After we ordered, we watched her yell at another staff member (maybe a back server?) for making a small mistake, and calling him stupid loud enough that the whole restaurant could hear. Our food was cold when it arrived. When we asked why it was cold she acted like we were lying about it being cold. I don't know what her issue was, but whatever it was, she completely ruined the evening for us. I really hope that this place can figure it out, because the owners looked like they really were trying, and the place is beautiful, and while the food was cold, it was still pretty tasty. I would try it again if I knew that our server had been fired or didn't work there anymore. Until then, I can say I wont be returning. Save your time and head across the street. There are three different restaurants there (Heathers, Cafe Bernard, and Brick Pony Pub) all of which were much better.

1  Thank 235canadagoose
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Eating on the lovely front porch of this special place is one of the outstanding experiences of the summer. On a beautiful night, with twinkling lights the atmosphere couldn't be better. It is quiet enough to have conversation, and a relaxing place to dine. The food was prepared to perfection and we enjoyed all that was ordered. The service was attentive and we were able to enjoy a leisurely dinner without feeling rushed. We did not order the tapas, but rather stuck to salads, entrees and desserts. The fresh berries with saboyon sauce were delicious and our halibut cooked and seasoned just right. This is a special place to dine with friends, and while the food is secondary, this dinner did not disappoint.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Eating outside on the front porch at Tempranillo is one of the delights of the summer. It is rarely crowded during the day - and I can only assume that people who are not familiar with the restaurant (and dressed in "outdoor garb") are put-off by its nice appearance. Don't be! You are missing a lovely, reasonably-priced lunch spot with an excellent wine list!!!

The pasta is wonderful and their lunch salads are large and oh-so-fresh!

Been to Tempranillo? Share your experiences!