“Great Meal!! Great Atmosphere!!”
Review of Riverside Grill

Riverside Grill
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Basalt
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were in Basalt for a week of skiing and chose Riverside for our last night out. We were a little nervous after reading the last review, but our meal, service, and the atmosphere were fantastic! We sat by the fireplace in the front of the restaurant and it was very cozy. The place has a very rustic feel, not pretentious and perfect with kids. I had the grilled trout and my wife had the quinoa spinach salad. The kids had pizza and noodles with butter off the kids menu. The price was very reasonable. My trout was grilled to perfection and the sides were great. My wife's salad was cold and delicious. The kids pizza was great even though it was just cheese. Our waiter was very friendly and the service was prompt. We ate on a Tuesday night at 8:00 so it wasn't all that crowded, probably 25 people. I would recommend this place as a good all around meal and value. Similar to Outback or Longhorn but with a better view. I wish we could have sat outside, but it was cold and dark. I bet in the summer the place is awesome.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I like being here because the view, the beer, the space... but the food is just never that good. I keep going back to try again, I want to believe it will get better because it's such a great spot. It just doesn't get better, it is so unfortunate. Fingers crossed my next visit will be better.....

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I held our wedding reception at the Riverside Grill on 9/14/13. Best decision we could've made! Working with Chef/Owner Martin Oswald was a pleasure, he is truly one of the best, if not THE best, chefs in the Roaring Fork Valley and he worked very closely with us to make sure all of the details were exactly as we wanted. We bought out the restaurant, had cocktails and several delicious hors d'oeuvres out on the deck (tuna tartare, pot stickers, lamb meatball) and a four course meal inside the restaurant, which was transformed with white linen tablecloths and a tablescape by local florist Harrington Smith. Martin crafted a very special menu for us - he started with a truffle mushroom ravioli, kale salad with strawberries, tenderloin and lobster (quinoa stir-fry, vegetarian option) and a chocolate brownie with bourbon marinated peaches, chantilly and vanilla ice cream for dessert. All of our guests were raving about the food - it was incredible. The staff was very attentive and professional and provided excellent service throughout the evening. A wonderful experience. I highly recommend the Riverside Grill for any special event but it's always great for lunch or dinner, as well. It's a gem - the best location in the valley, right on the river!

2  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Lovely location in this quaint town of Basalt. Options to sit outside and watch the river while having some good beer (nice selection). Food was good although my friend's salmon was a bit undercooked. The River Grill has a number of TV's in which you can watch whatever sporting event is on. It's a nice place to spend a lazy afternoon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed lunch by the roaring river on a wonderful CO afternoon. The food was excellent with several good choices. Our server was a bit dense and that was the only downer. She was replaced midmeal by a much more experienced waiter. Perhaps she was new. We would return and did not think the prices out of line considering it is a resort area. The vegetarian quinoa stir fry was excellent.

Been to Riverside Grill? Share your experiences!