“taco dive in the desert...”

Algoberto's Taco Shop
Ranked #23 of 66 Restaurants in Yucca Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“taco dive in the desert...”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

walked in & the counter guy offered me a cup of Skittles, exclaiming "taste the rainbow!". interesting start to my evening. al pastor tacos are juicy & delicious. rice & beans are so-so but it doesn't make fiscal sense to order the combo anyways. al pastor tacos ala carte are $1.35 each. the combo with 2 tacos was $8. do the math. sketchy place to dine alone but glad I went. I really do plan on eating my way through the menu. the food really IS that good. full of loyal locals & like that they fed a local fried desert rat for free. pretty awesome experience.

1 Thank 2nuts

Yucca Valley, California
“Bucket List Carne Asada burrito”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Their carne asada burrito with a side of carrots cooked in chili peppers is my favorite Mexican dish in the USA. I've never tried anything else here, and I like lots of other Mexican restaurants. It's my #1 stop in Yucca Valley, but just be aware, it's not a pretty strip mall.

• Visited May 2014
Southern California
“Good Place to Stop...for Meals.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've been here twice & I can say the fish tacos were good, the chile rellenos excellent, and the tortas huge. What I really like are the 4 different types of salsa from red to green to chipotle, mix and match--you can flavor your meal anyway you want. Tthe only bummer was when I used the restroom that particular day, the washbasin water had been turned off. Maybe there was a problem but honestly, you have to wash your hands after using the bathroom in all due respect if possible.

• Visited May 2014
Yucca Valley, California
“Well worth the $$”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had read the reviews of Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try.......The portion of food was great and the food was pretty darn good. This will definitely be one of my regulars.

• Visited April 2014
Yucca Valley, California, United States
“Good old taco shop”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is one that one that you need to look for. This is a mom and pop place that is worth stop.The food is some of the best in town.

Visited March 2014