“Best Place & Best Value In Yucca Valley!”

Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Yucca Valley
San Diego
“Best Place & Best Value In Yucca Valley!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had the best experience at the Travelodge in Yucca Valley! The pool was wonderful, the breakfast was great, and the entire staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I stayed in a Courtyard room and had a beautiful balcony overlooking a beautiful view of the Courtyard itself. The room was very clean and spacious, just absolutely serine. I also ate at the Kimi Grill right there within the Travelodge grounds and it was nothing short of excellent. I came across the Travelodge in Yucca Valley because I was heading to Joshua Tree to go to the National Park. I had no reservation when I arrived at the Travelodge, regardless I received a great AAA discount. To sum up my experience, everything was just top notch. I will never stay anywhere else but the Travelodge when I am in the Yucca Valley area, thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here after we were let down by another local hotel (in good time before our trip so we had enough time to rebook). Our night was pretty good in a peaceful room towards the side of the property and past the restaurant from the reception area.

The staff were helpful and the wifi was Ok though not the fastest.

The breakfast room was too small and quickly became full though guests could breakfast on the terraced area outside so I guess in summer it would be fine.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuliaMaddison
Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

The Travelodge in Yucca Valley can easily be recommended for an overnight stay in the Joshua Tree NP area. The streetlevel room was large, clean and well maintained. Comfortable king size bed. Refrigerator and microwave are part of the room's equipment, the bathroom is well stocked with towels and amenities. Over 60 TV channels including HBO, and WiFi is pleasantly quick. The motel has a very nice swimming pool on site, with somewhat chilly water. But that's very refreshing after a day in the desert! And you can take a dip afterwards in the well-heated jacuzzi. Also on site is Kimi Restaurant, that doesn't have the looks, but serves excellent Japanese meals (sushi, sashimi, rolls and teriyaki grill): a real bonus. In the morning a continental breakfast is served in a little pantry next to the lobby, with outside seating available in a little patio. The food selection is strictly continental, but more than sufficient to start the day. All in all I had a very enjoyable stay and I can recommend this motel to anybody requiring an overnight stay in the area. Especially given the room rate, which, including breakfast, was an absolute steal!

Stayed April 2012
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very good room for the price. Comfortable bed, soft sheets, clean. Remote location, however.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LaLunaStella
Yucca Valley, California, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Traveling through Yucca and needed a place to get a few hours of rest before going on, girlfriend in tow. Stopped at a few other places that either wanted a hundred and fifty bucks or had no vacancy. Strolled in and Vijay asked if I had Triple A, and I told him that I used to but not anymore. Vijay took it upon himself to add the Triple A discount to my room even though I no longer had it, which made us very happy. Vijay has great customer service skills, I think a lot of people just have really rediculous requests and expectations of a cheaper hotel. The room was nice, and the heater worked well. My only complaints are that the bathroom is literally the size of a closet, shower and all. And that it was too cold to go swimming before we started our drive again. Thanks Vijay for great customer service!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We arrived at 12 at night and get a room, everything goes well. We go to sleep and decide that we would like to stay in a hotel another night, instead of camping in Joshua Tree. They try to run the same card again, however they could not get the second night's transaction to go through, so we call the bank. The bank tells us that they are running the same transaction multiple times so its declined for looking fraudulent, that if they run a different transaction it will work. We wanted to leave to go to the national park, so we didn't have time to stay. They said they would clear it up when the manager got in.

We go out for the day and upon returning, they locked us out. We go to clear things up and they continue to tell us the card is declined, even though we had spoken to the bank about freeing up the transaction. After another call to the bank they tell us that travelodge is stil running it wrong because if they run it correctly it will authorize. Yidjay runs the card again, declined. He very rudely tells us its not him, he says "you don't have any money, get out of my hotel". So after being subjected to Vidjay's horrible attitude, bad customer service, and incorrect assumptions about our finances, we get our stuff and drive a mile down the road to super 8 motel.The transaction is approved the first time they run the card for a very similar amount as travelodge. So Vidjay treated us like trash even though it was his fault..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kyle H
travelodgeyv, Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Our guests are our number one priority. Providing the Best Customer Service is our number one goal. We treat our guests with Respect and we also expect to be treated with Respect. Respect is a two way street. One should not think that it is okay to curse the staff and manager in any establishment and get away with it. Everybody deserves to be treated with Respect.

This guest is blaming other people while he is the one who used foul language using “F…..” words to the staff and the manager of the hotel in front of other guests. They decided to stay another day and informed the housekeeper. The housekeeper informed the front desk in the morning. The front desk clerk tried to get payment by using their credit card and it declined. These guests left their stuff in the room and went out. They came back in the evening. Then they told the front desk to try the same credit card over and over. The credit card kept declining. The front desk clerk was trying to charge the rent for another day, that is it. We deal with credit cards all day long every day. Why would the “Travelodge be running the credit card wrong?” Then the other gentleman with this guest says to him “to just get his money back.” Then the manager said that we have not received any payment from you for today to give you any money back. They became loud and aggressive. They started cursing the staff including the manager using foul language using “ F…You” words etc. The staff and the Manager did not use foul language. They were asked to leave because they were loud, aggressive and not making the payment and also cursing the staff while there were other guests in the lobby listening to all this. This guest also made threats that he was going to post bad comments for the hotel and staff. He also called on the phone few minutes later and again used foul language “F…..You” and more foul language. They used the room all day but did not pay for it. That room could not be rented that night.

A person should think about his own actions before he goes out and blames other people. Again everybody should be treated with courtesy, dignity, politeness and respect.

Travelers are raving about these Yucca Valley hotels

Sechelt, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I spend my Spring Break in Yucca Valley as Palm Springs was very expensive and I don't lay golf, Palm Springs is about 30 min. away.
I was happy to be close to the Joshua Tree Park.
I spend 12 nights at the Yucca Valley Travelodge.
When I was there it was quiet and I was feeling secured as I was a woman traveling by myself.
I enjoyed the staff they were nice and helpful.
The breakfast was excellent, lots of choice even hard boiled eggs.
I also had a fridge and microwave in my room
The food at the Japanese Restaurant on site was excellent and affordable.
The pool was clean and and quiet as it was on the cold side. I enjoyed it anyway.
For the price it was a good quality. ( the carpet was old and the reno were a little shabby)
Two things make sure you ask for your discount at the Restaurant for being a guest also ask
for a refund for the safe in the bedroom if you don't use it.

Room Tip: I like my room as I was at ground level nobody upstair and I had access to the garden and the pool v...