“Slow service and mediocre food”

Las Palmas Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Yucca Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 29, 2012

After reading some reviews we chose Las Palmas over other local Mexican restaurants in the area. We were seated somewhat promptly, however, waited a lifetime for someone to come to the table. I actually had to get up and get our family menu's!

When someone actually came to the table and asked us what we wanted to drink, I mentioned that we were ready to order our food as well. The lady walked away without drink or food order nor said why she was leaving.

Subsequently, a party of 8 got seated about this time and they were served chips, drinks and had their order taken while we were still waiting!

Margaritas were touted as being large and they were very sweet and you couldn't taste tequila. My husband asked if we could get another shot and they guy brought the bottle out and poured it into our margaritas. I thought this was unprofessional and tacky.

Food was greasy and bland in my opinion. I have to admit, the poor service didn't help the food taste any better.

Try another Mexican spot if you can - there seems to be several in Yucca Valley to choose from!

3  Thank octwinmommy

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Had dinner here twice within a few days, and both meals were excellent. This is a nice little place, with colorful decor and friendly people. The service was very good, even on a busy Saturday night (hint: wait for the 6:00 - 7:00 mob to clear out - things quiet down a lot by 7:30 or 8:00). Good salsa and good margaritas. The margaritas are criminally cheap on a Saturday night.

The enchilladas suizas were very good, with well-prepared chicken and plenty of cheese. The beef quesdadillas, I could live on. Fabulous. In both cases, the total tab was very low. These folks could raise their prices by a couple of bucks, and no one would complain.

Good restaurants are tough to find in this area. Las Palmas is definitely the place to go.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Love the food but the building itself is little whole in the wall but all in all delicious and generous portions of food. And when ordering a Margarita there not messin around with booze lol

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Wonderful homemade everything. The succulent chicken in the Enchiladas Suizas tasted like my own slow-stewed chicken. My friend had the Spinach Enchiladas and gave me a bite - just delicious. The decor is homemade-inventive, colorful and happy.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had lunch on Christmas day and we chose the Sunday buffet and specialty drinks. The food was delicious, not the kind you find in Mexican restaurant chains, the service was perfect.
Be aware that the place gets packed on Sunday after church.