“Perfectly Fine for a Night”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Yucca Valley
Los Angeles, California
“Perfectly Fine for a Night”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were looking for a place to spend the night to get an early start to see Joshua Tree NP. The price was right here, so we booked it.The location is good as it is only a short drive to one of the park's visitor centers. Yucca Valley is one long strip mall with plenty of large grocery stores (bring plenty of food and water to the park as it has neither inside), restaurants (we didn't try any), and gas stations. The check in was fast and easy with a friendly family running the place. Our room (two queens) was clean and quiet. The kitchenette was minimal and right next to the bathroom sink. It had a few plates but no silverware. Don't plan on cooking but the mini fridge worked fine. Basic accommodations at a decent price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelDreamin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Herts UK
Reviewed November 7, 2013

After reading Scatdog's review, my husband and I were a little tentative about staying here, but from the moment we arrived we were made to feel valued and welcome by the hotel manager and his wife. We arrived a little early and after a long drive and there was no problem about getting into our room early and freshening ourselves up. In the central courtyard garden, we found a little place to eat our packed lunch in the sunshine and away from the road. Like Scatdog, we booked by clicking via the Tripadvisor site and although my CC details were taken (for reservation purposes), no charge had been made on the card until we checked in. Apparently this is standard and a charge is only made in cases where customers do a 'no-show' without notice. Our room was pleasant smelling and clean and we thought was very good value for the price. The free wifi worked fine. The manager was able to recommend a plethora of good restaurants for our evening meal - we chose a local Mexican restaurant which was really delightful, good value and atmosphere: the hotel manager gave us a 15% discount voucher, which made it even better! I understand he has discount vouchers for other restaurants in Yucca Valley if Mexican is not your thing. Breakfast is not included in the price, but there are plenty of local diners and places to eat in the morning (such as Denny's for example) along the Yucca Valley strip. There are also supermarkets if you would prefer to picnic! All in all, this was a pleasant stay for one night for those on a budget and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord, California
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm not one to write reviews normally , and certainly not bad ones unless I have more than a few bad experiences, the manager was very rude, maybe he was having a bad day. I let that go until he started arguing with me that maybe I shouldn't have used trip adviser to book my room, my wife made arrangements and our credit card was charged but he had no record of that and I had to pay twice. He eventually got confirmation and charged me the higher rate he made. what a classy guy!
My key wouldn't work in the door so he angrily went up to the room with me and discovered he had given me the wrong card, no apology. I was definitely an inconvenience to him. I have family in the area, and the shower I had to get on my knees to take a shower, never again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scatdog
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 18, 2013

A friend and I stayed here after going to a show at Pappy and Harriet's in Pioneertown. This motel is right on 29 Palms Highway and extremely convenient to both Pioneertown and Joshua Tree. Formerly known as the Oasis of Eden, this is a great place to stay. The new owners have completely renovated the rooms, from the bathrooms to the carpet to new mattresses, bed linens, even lighting fixtures. Rooms are spacious as well. They kept the kitchenette with tiny sink, stove and fridge. Our only suggestion was to add light-blocking curtains to the windows in case guests want to sleep in. The owners were very nice and accommodating. Plus, the price can't be beat. I don't know why people would stay at the Tr----Lo-ge when they can stay at a virtually brand new property with classic high desert charm.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LACat
Novato, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. I stayed there for week in August (2013) for a retreat at Joshua Tree Retreat Center, and it was nearly perfect at a great price $62.50/night.

This used to be the Oasis Inn and/or Oasis of Eden Inn, and was just sold to new owners who are absolutely wonderful. They very recently renovated every room with new carpet, new beds, new paint, etc. During my stay, each time I ran into them they asked if I needed anything. They are so motivated to make sure they have a wonderful, safe, clean experience for all their customers.

Because they are so nice and accommodating, and because they're brand new in the hotel business, I took the time to give them a list of suggestions to improve even more. And by the end of my stay, they had already researched and started acting on those suggestions for all their guests.

There are still many references on the internet about Oasis Inn and/or Oasis of Eden Inn at this same address. Don't be confused and listen to any less-than-great "Oasis" reviews since the new owners have spent a lot of love, time, energy and money upgrading the whole place.

I travelled as a single female and felt totally safe in this place. I also met others staying at the hotel who were also attending the same event in Joshua Tree. As far as I can tell, everyone was VERY happy with our hotel.

Just wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Kat B
Dev P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank so much for your kind words and taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. As new owners we are excited and trying hard to meet all expectations. Our goal is to have comfortable, clean accommodations , friendly staff and good value. We look forward to your return.
Dev
Oakland, California
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I really liked the style of this building (curved arches) - it really blends in with the surroundings in ways that many motels don't. I especially liked the few joshua trees ringing the pool area. The service was friendly. I stayed in a regular room and it was clean & comfortable. The air conditioner didn't seem to cool the room very well, but it wasn't a problem the June night I was there. I slept well. All the amenities were as advertised. For the price I was pleased, and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Eric S
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are happy that you found us to be clean, comfy and of good value. That's the mark we a striving for. Additionally, it is nice to hear that you appreciate the building characteristics which blend within the area. We hope to see you again soon!
Dev.
San Dimas, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a great place to stay,right in the middle of town quiet and private.Great pool area and a really comfortable bed.The room had a nice flat screen tv,a fridge,coffee maker and a microwave.
The hotel staff was very friendly and professional,the room was big and clean,The next time I stay there Im going to stay in one of the cool looking themed rooms I really liked the way the jungle room looked and the one with the old car bed is super cool looking too,so if you need a quiet place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city I'd suggest staying at the oasis inn.

Room Tip: Go for one of the themed rooms they look super cool,like a cave room,or a jungle,they had an old 50...