“Right by Joshua Tree, great breakfast, superb value, quality bedding”

Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Yucca Valley
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is real deal - especially considering the price and the great access to one of the best National Parks in the country. The breakfast is complimentary and delicious (soymilk, eggs, waffles, yogurt, passion-guava juice, fruit etc.). The staff is super friendly. The bed was very comfy. The shower had in addition to the normal showerhead, a back showerhead that felt like a massage. I was very pleased with the price and would definitely go back if I was in the area. Best Western is consistently amazing!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed March 13, 2010

I thought this hotel was passable. It was quite clean and fairly comfortable. The internet worked fine and came with the price of the room. I was disaapointed when I saw that some patrons were getting rooms for $69.99 and I was paying $89.99. I inquired about that, and it seems that you only get that rate if you come in off the street. Folks who make the reservation ahead of time get screwed. They also said that only 10 rooms per night were available at the lower rate. Seems like a sleasy marketing scheme to me.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I'm only writing this review because after unreturned calls and no pillow arriving I'm forced to related my story. It's simple. I left my tempurpedic pillow in the room. My fault.

I called after a couple days and returning from the rest of my trip, when I realized I lost it. I called and talk to the clerk and they took my info and said they would look and call me back.

no call back. no pillow. loss of $100 value.
sorry, I'm dissappointed. you can't say you are going to do something and then not do it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2009

I stayed one night in December as I was visiting Joshua Tree National Park, and it was too cold out to camp (25F overnight!). I was pleased with the cleanliness and quality of the room. The bed was comfortable and the bath was of good quality. Updated television with Directv was a nice surprise. The breakfast was above average, but nothing special.

The walls may have been a little thin, or my neighbor just had the TV on real loud. But this was only noticeable if I tried.

Overall, I was pleased with the room for the price I paid.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2009

The room was spacious, well furnished, comfortable, good bed, clean, good shower & large toilet aea. Room was ready when we arrived early and on the first floor as we requested. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Negatives:
- room lacked a luggage rack and they were unable to furnish one. It did have a low bench where luggage could be placed, but it was not large enough for two suitcases.
- lock on room door failed to open with magnetic key. Maintenance was called and fixed it promptly.
- insufficient electrical outlets for comfortable use of laptop with dead battery
- too few drinking/coffee cups for two people
- Breakfast nook was closed with yellow DO NOT ENTER tape
Positives
- staff solved key problem promptly & apologized for lack of luggage rack.
- staff graciously went into closed breakfast nook & retrieved plates/forks/napkins for our takeout food in the room. staff explained the nook was closed for an employee thanksgiving party that evening. (A sign would have been classier than the yellow tape)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2009

We travel to the Yucca Valley area several times per year and previously stayed at the Super 8. After the Best Western opened, reviews seemed positive, so we decided to try them this time. It was mistake.

First, our reservation was made online directly through the Best Western website a couple of months prior to our stay. We received a confirmation and also received a follow-up email about a week prior to our stay letting us know they were looking forward to our stay with them.

Upon arrive on Thursday, June 11, the front desk had no record of our reservation. Nothing at all in their computer, so we gave them our confirmation number. After making a phone call, they finally determined that Best Western's corporate reservations did not send our reservation information to the hotel, so they had no record of it.

After waiting about 15 minutes, they were finally able to get us a room. The room was nicely furnished, but the bathroom (which looked clean) smelled of stale urine. Yuck!!

Additionally, the room did not have a refrigerator or microwave. We were in a King room, so we called the front desk and were informed that the only rooms that had refrigerators were the ones with the kitchnettes. The Super 8 up the street provides both in all their rooms.

Although I'm not terribly fond of the Super 8 because it's older and not always as clean as I would like, it's at least appropriately priced and has a microwave & refrigerator included. The Best Western is about $20-$25 more per night than the Super 8, which really isn't worth it.

Also, the tub/shower and toilet are in an enclosed room, which feels very cramped. On the plus side, there is more than adequate counter space in the bathroom and lighting is good.

We will be going back to the Super 8 in the future and will not be staying at the Best Western again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We chose this hotel for our visit to Joshua Tree National Park after reading the good reviews about the property. Surely the hotel exceeded our expectations. The hotel is a year old and the everything in the room looked new. The room was nicely done up and was of a quality one would pay a higher price for- spacious and with a great comfortable bed. The extended breakfast was good too with the omelettes and waffles. Staff was nice and friendly. The location of the hotel was perfect with the west entrance of JTNP just a 10 min drive from the hotel. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yucca Valley
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#4 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Travelodge Inn and Suites Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree Nat'l Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#6 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
Miracle Springs Resort and Spa
#8 of 22 in Desert Hot Springs

Been to Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!