Booked in advance for $118.99 (a WHOPPING discount from $127.99) and upon arriving saw sign on hotel for $69.95 for 1 person king bed. We had 2 people so didn't expect them to honor that price, but did expect a more reasonable rate. While the room was as clean as can be expected in a hotel, the layout was a bit difficult (had to make sure bathroom door was closed to open door to room), the breakfast was sadly lacking (not even bananas, and the waffles were pre-made - either soggy or hard), and the check in clerk recommended the 24 hour Mexican place next door to eat (at 7:30 in the evening) indicating it was the only place open that time of night (NEVER eat there!!! worst food ever). All in all, the room was NOT worth 118.99 (no fridge or microwave, just a basic room, what the sign advertised).
And this is the response from the hotel upon our email to corporate:
"The sign on the building is for one person only, standard room and not during a high occupancy period or holiday (Mothers Day). Deeply discounted rooms are available on a limited basis and we do honor AARP and AAA. Also Best Western reward points are awarded for your stay and your rate garners you points based on the rate you stay. We believe that the level of service amenities, staff attitude and cleanliness is in line with the rate for our accommodations. Please consider us for your next trip t o the area. Gary Joyce"
Our recommendation: Avoid Best Western and stay at one of the other hotels in the area ... our relatives did and had a much better experience at a much lower price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites located in Yucca Valley, California. Recipient of the Best Western Directors Award for Quality Assurance in 2009. The hotel is located just five miles from the Joshua Tree National Park, the Big Morongo Canyon Preserve in Morongo Valley and close to the Twenty-Nine Palms Marine Corp Base. The Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites is an interior corridor brand new built hotel that offers spacious guest rooms fully equipped with HD flat screen televisions and high-speed Internet access. We offer a variety of rooms from our standard king bedrooms to our extended stay suites with kitchens and king bedrooms with Jacuzzis. This Yucca Valley hotel also welcomes guests to a hot complimentary deluxe continental breakfast featuring sausage, eggs, waffles, Seattle's Best Coffee and more each morning. Other amenities at the Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites include an outdoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, fitness center, business center and meeting space. Let the Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites be your home away from home. Our staff will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Make a reservation today at the Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel Yucca Valley
- Best Western Yucca Valley Hotel And Suites
- Yucca Valley Best Western