“great service”

Law's Oak Glen Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Yucaipa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Murrieta, California
“great service”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Met my daughter and family on a beautiful autumn day in Oak Glen at Law's Coffee Shop. On weekends they only serve a breakfast buffet. Too much food for me, would rather order off the menu. cinnamon rolls and coffee cake very tasty. good family place

• Visited November 2011

• Turkish first
Riverside, California
“once was enough”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I read an article on Laws in the local paper. We were going to go visit Oak Glen so we thought we would stop there to eat. We were hungry when we got there and a few people waiting but so many empty tables we didn't think it would take long. Wrong... this was like a Seinfeld episode. They looked like they had plenty of people working but they just didn't seem to be getting anything done. By the time we were seated we were starving. We missed breakfast so had to have lunch. Not a lot of variety on the menu. I chose the chicken fried steak and a bowl of clam chowder and my husband had a steak sandwich and bowl of chili. It took a while for her to bring the soup. She then specifically asked if I wanted crackers and I said yes, they never appeared. My husband thought he would get his chili right away..nope. The soup was good. My husband liked his sandwich and chili. The chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy was so bland I had to keep putting pepper on it. I will say the gift shop underneath and some nice things, and very reasonable. We had a booth by the window and it was a nice view. When I got home I read the article again. I noticed that while it talked about the restaurant it never actually said the food was good.

2 Thank eydie68
Covina, California
“Lunch Was Tasty”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I've had dinner here before and it was delicious. Lunch was just as good. Service was a tad slow but worth the wait. Servers are extra pleasant.

Visited October 2011
Moreno Valley, California
“Its not against the law to feast on Law's comfort foods”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

On a crisp Fall morning, even Southern California provides a taste of Oregon or New England in leafy Oak Glen. Many come here for the apples and outdoor activities for kids. Law's Coffee Shop on the main road is a fine stop for hot coffee, a slice of fresh apple pie, a hearty omelette or biscuits and gravy. Overall, the full menu of comfort food is very good and the waitresses are friendly. The pies, especially, make you want to take some home. And you should.

This 1950s restaurant is a bit shopworn inside and the furniture and fixtures need an update, in my opinion, although many will argue the rusticness makes it charming. There are some handicapped access problems and the rest rooms are outside and downstairs nearer a gift shop. Such design would be a code violation today but the current situation is obviously grandfathered. The parking is not adequate, either, so be prepared to walk a bit to the front door. The entire site may be challenging for seniors, but they come anyway! Its worth it!

Bottom line: If you are visiting Oak Glen for the day, and want simple and comforting food at reasonable prices for a tourist zone go ahead and eat at Law's, despite its somewhat rundown appearance.

So Cal
“Good food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Enjoyed the coffee shop just as in previous visits. The food is excellent at good prices. One thing to keep in mind is that tour buses frequently stop here around noon. A sudden influx of customers can somewhat overwhelm any restaurant. This one handles it pretty well, but there may be a wait, and service is affected. However, don't let that make you avoid the restaurant.