“Very expensive and a limited menu”
Review of Kenzo Sushi Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Kenzo Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Marysville, California
“Very expensive and a limited menu”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My wife and I ate here and I would not recommend the service was just ok and the menu was very limited. We ordered very little and left hungry and our bill was over 50 dollars. Come and visit this restaraunt if you want to spend alot and leave hungry...

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank decade420

Yuba City, California
“Spoiled Valentine's Dinner”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I dined here for Valentine's Day 2011. They were understandably busy, and the friendly hostess placed us on the list. Within 10 minutes we were sat at a table. Our waitress took one drink order from us and we did not see her again for nearly 45 minutes. She had another table directly behind us who was sat at least 30 minutes after we did, and they were getting refills on drinks before we even had napkins or utensils, and our drinks were completely ignored as they ran dry.
At this point it was clear that we had been ignored, so we stated our frustration to our waitress and suddenly our sushi arrives... with melted sauce because it had obviously been sitting under a lamp for some time.
Our appetite for a romantic dinner was more than spoiled as the waitress reacted with a defensive attitude, and dropped the check off without a word. Still, I did not get the second drink I had now requested twice.
When all was said and done we did not get charged for the bill, which is fair since we waited almost an hour for less than fresh sushi, a poor attitude from wait staff, and an unfulfilled drink order.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank C_Cupples
Clearlake, California
“Solid Sushi, Great Service”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

They had great sushi. Their staff was really nice. The restaurant was a little loud for my taste, but otherwise it was a great experience. I will definately be back.

• Visited October 2010
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There is better sushi out there, but if you are in the area, you should go there”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Kenzo Sushi is one of the only sushi places in this area and I love sushi so I go there very often. I've been to other sushi places in places like San Francisco, Sacramento, and Lake Tahoe, and Kenzo does their best to keep up. However, the prices are a little steep for a place in Yuba City. But you usually do end up getting your moneys worth if you pick the right rolls. The presentation is always good but sometimes it can get very busy so it often takes a while to get your food. The service at the restaurant is pretty good. The manager however, is extremely rude and hope that if you ever go to Kenzo that she won't be there. She makes the staff only give you one soy sauce packet per roll if you are ordering take out. So be sure to ask for a couple extra if you like soy sauce. As for recommendations on specific rolls, if you like spicy the My Lover is awesome. If you are really hungry and also like spicy, the Americano is great and a large roll. The I Am Crazy and Crunch rolls are also very good.

Left Coast
“Great atmosphere...”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

The food is great and service is excellent. The soft shell crabs are delicious. I really like this place after a stressful day. Expect to be greeted when you come in and sent off happily when you go.