“Nice, quiet room and great breakfast”

Magnuson Grand Bonanza Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed one night while in the area. The check in was quick, the room was nice, comfortable, clean and quiet. There were two portable luggage racks/stands in the room, which we don't find very often. Breakfast was really good-scrambled eggs, bacon, good coffee, waffles, potatoes, fruit, etc. Really good. We used the computer in the lobby to print a few things, and that worked well. We would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently spent three days and two nights at the Bonanza. It is the best motel/hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was large, plenty of coat rack room, large bathroom, check-in took about three minutes, and the staff are incredibly kind.

This hotel stay included a full American style breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, toast, just about anything an American would want. No cheap "continental" breakfast here. You know the kind where you get stale donuts and extremely hard rolls with a bit of out of date jelly?

I will stay at The Bonanza each time I visit Yuba City.

Room Tip: Winter rates can not be matched!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Dont let the location fool you. The motel is next to Hwy 99, but is very quiet. The rooms were very clean and the beds had 4 pillows on them. here was a pool and a hot tub which looked clean and well kept. The staff was helpful and polite. You are with in walking distance to Chiles, Sizzler, and In and Out. I like the free iced sweet tea in the lobby, it was hot and a few glasses of that hit the spot.The breakfast was very good, the biscuits and gravy were as good as any restaurant.
I would stay here again. OOps and yes we could have our dog with us, thats a plus !!!

Room Tip: The farther back the quieter, but we were toward the front and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank john j
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Hotel is in a great location, lots of nearby places to eat. Close to the base, shopping and highway. Our room was clean, comfortable and check in was friendly and a breeze.
All together my family had about decent time at the hotel we had a large family staying for an event.
Our last morning I was seated at the breakfast table at the hotel breakfast buffet, in a conversation with my family and the waitress proceeded to stick her nose in our converstaion and then stated that I was wrong and would be happy to provide her religous materials to prove her point.
At first it was extremely unconfortable so we ended our converstaion and thought it best to return to our rooms as we felt no longer welcomed there. I can understand jehovah's witnesses knocking at your door peddling their religion however when employed in a position to serve customers one would think she could have held back her opinions as they were not asked or welcomed.
Loved the hotel but until they properly train staff I will stay elsewhere in the future, or at least eat breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: Our room was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Andre2411
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I travel for work. More than most...less than a few. Although 4 stars are nice I have simple needs and appreciate the little things. I stayed at the Bonanza Inn because buysiness brought me to Yuba City and Hotwire gave me a great price for them. (Not any 4 stars in Yuba City.) The rooms were spartan but clean and well kept. Included micro, fridge and flat screen HD. Free Internet with 5 bars connectivity and a free breakfast. Real food not cereal, hard boiled eggs and rolls. Scrambled eggs, fresh cooked and with some spices. Bacon, Ham and the cofee was the best I've had all week. BIG FAN. Will come here again if the occasion arises.

Room Tip: No elevator means 1st floor unless you want to lug your bags.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Me, my dad & his girlfriend came to this hotel just because we saw their sign on the main road. Front desk was nice, but the room was great. I didn't expect something nice like that @ a white trash city. The room wasn't too expansive either.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The room was clean and spacious with a dining table, large chest of drawers, two extremely comfortable queen size beds, micro/refrig combination, extra vanity area, coffee maker and supplies, hair dryer, iron, large flat screen t.v. and room darkening drapes. The hot tub, swimming pool and surroundings were meticulously maintained. After a great night's sleep, my grandchildren and I enjoyed a complimentary buffet breakfast. Very tasty bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs (done just right), cottage potatoes seasoned perfectly with bell peppers and onions, fresh coffee, juice, milk, cereal, and many other choices we were too satisfied to try. I will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in town for a Special Day or Circuit Assembly.

Room Tip: We chose a room near the pool and were pleasantly surprised that all was so quiet by 8:00 p.m.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Yuba City Inn
Travelodge Yuba City
Travelodge Yuba City
#4 of 9 in Yuba City

Been to Magnuson Grand Bonanza Inn? Share your experiences!