“Amazing Customer Service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Yuba City
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Yuba City
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The customer service at this property is amazing. I found out that I needed to be in Yuba City on short notice and this property was sold out. I called reception and they offered to put me on a waiting list (I cannot remember that every happening anywhere). I was able to get in last minute and was told that the only thing available was a smoking room however there was an ozone machine in the room. I arrived at 1:00 a.m. and the gentleman at the front desk addressed me by name ( I guess it was obvious since I was the only one not inhouse) and that made me feel welcomed. He immediately mentioned the smoking room and said another room had opened up and he would go up and show me both and I could make a choice. I was so tired that I declined the offer and went to the original room. The room was spotless and honestly I did not notice the smell. The next morning I needed to have a couple quit meetings with my staff and I was allowed to use the conference room and they even brought in a speaker phone and set it up for me. Later before I left, I was talking to someone and mentioned that I had left my phone charger at home. The lady at the desk overheard me and said they had some spares and promptly gave me one. I cannot say enough how friendly and helpful this entire staff is. Everyone I dealt with during my short stay was top notch.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I'd never stayed at a Hampton Inn before and for a change, I did not book this hotel myself (super rare for me). I really don't have any complaints but I don't have anything amazing to say either. Here are the things worth noting:
* Free cookies at check-in - nice touch
* Pretty good coffee
* Location was good for Yuba City I guess - but our view was of some sort of plant or factory which didn't appear on google maps so its a mystery as to what it was. Also across the street from a Kohls and behind an In & Out. I guess this all made for a quiet location.
* BED was really great - other reviewer was right on the money on that one - nice bedding, comforter & comfortable bed & pillows
* Breakfast was very average - all the normal items and a waffle maker
* Decor was above average - nice lobby too
* Our Suite room was very spacious - sort of weird the way the bathroom door opened to block the bathroom sink so that was a little awkward but ok.
* Not a single wi-fi problem - worked great
* Pool and hot tub were fine too -pool only slightly heated in Winter - they should probably kick it up a couple of degrees but it was fine for kids
* Fitness room was nice - small but nice
* Staff all seemed very nice and helpful
* TV was good - nice big flat screen
* Heating/Fan unit was a touch on the noisy side - nothing to keep me awake but its worth noting.
* Here's a funny one for you - all night we thought we were sleeping to the sound of crickets outside. Next morning we realized it was the hum of the mini-refrigerator in the room - first time a Fridge has sounded pleasant to me!

Room Tip: At the end of the corridor, we were on the 2nd floor near the stairwell - never heard a peep outside...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The staff at this hotel is amazing…..they are kind, friendly and very helpful. Rooms are nice just a bit over priced. Did not use any of the other facilities but they looked adequate. It is centrally located and easy to find.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This modern new, Hampton Inn offers the best of what Hampton Inn offers. Even the complimentary breakfast was a bit better than most Hampton Inns. It is definitely worth the step up to a Studio Suite. The bed is extremely comfortable, all the amenities are present, there is plenty of space. There is nothing that I can fault this place for. If you need to stay in Yuba City, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Yuba City, right? Not expecting much. How wrong I was. The location is good, right off the freeway, yet no noise! Yay! The staff at check in was REALLY nice. The room was fine. The best part? I had the BEST nights sleep, combo of a REALLY comfortable bed and amazing comforter. I actually slept in. Two thumbs up.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Rooms here are very clean and comfortable. Although there was an error made in our reservation, the hotel took responsibility for it and the staff made every effort to correct it and accommodate our needs.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

excellent hotel, friendly and helpful staff, clean quiet, comfortable. Night manager Eric is a gem, helped find restaurants, made us maps to help find places. Got us breakfast when we had to leave hotel at 0500

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yuba City
Rio Inn and Suites
Rio Inn and Suites
#4 of 7 in Marysville
Best Western Yuba City Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Yuba City? Share your experiences!