“Finally something different!”

The Happy Viking
Ranked #6 of 152 Restaurants in Yuba City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A sports pub and eatery where you can come and watch your favorite sports event, have a meal or just hang out with friends. If you have never tried The Happy Viking or if its been a while since you have stopped in..come by. We'd love to see you!
Nashville, Tennessee
“Finally something different!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I have been to the Viking three times now; Super Bowl, lunch and dinner. the food was fantastic and the service was great! You have to try the hot wings but BEWARE hot is an understatement. My daughter had the homemade mac'n'cheese and I have to admit I snuck a few bites because it was so good. I had the Calypso salad and the homemade dressing was amazing. My husband was impressed by the huge beer selection and loved his BBQ. This is a great family restaurant or a place to just watch the game.

Yuba City,CA
“Not too impressed”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

food was okay. Service was poor when I visited so I will NOT return. The server was too busy yakking with bar patrons to be bothered with customers. Not a good experience for us.

Visited January 2012
Monroe, OR
“Great Tri-Tip sandwich!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great sandwich, super nice servers! I was a little disapointed, when I finally got my sandwich and fries, they were warm not hot...

Visited April 2012
Yuba City, California
“Good Beer..terrible food”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

There is a HUGE variety of beers available and often a "beer special". That is a huge plus if you are a beer drinking as I am.

Service is average and the atmosphere is blaring loud due to so many large screen TVs all with different programs on. On the 3 times I have been there, there were mobs of very young children in there with their parents who allow them to run around like maniacs while they drank and disregarded the other patrons trying to enjoy their meal or beer. The wait staff did NOTHING to deter it either.

Unfortunately, I have also eaten there 3 times too and that is 3 times to many..awful doesn't even describe the food.....horrid is closer.

Visited February 2012
Wasilla, Alaska
“Surprising little gem in Yuba City!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I have tried lots of bar food in many cities thanks to many military moves. He had tried even more while on temporary duty assignments with his squadron. I don't tell you that to brag but to let you know that in all our vast experience, THIS wonderful little place in Yuba City blew them away!

You walk in and right away the decor makes you feel at home and cozy like the usual sports bar. However, the staff makes sure you are greeted promptly and we ended up with Cody as our waitress. She was very attentive and our drinks were never empty. She was also knowledgeable about the food and drinks offered.

We started with the Calamari as an appetizer. I know, it's not a seafood restaurant, but I really like calamari. While it wasn't spectacular, it was better than I expected it to be for bar food. There were many other offerings such as fried oysters and the usual stuff so you have lots of choices.

For our main meal, I chose the Philly Cheesesteak and my husband got the Spicy Garlic wings. He also had a Newcastle to drink and said it was very good. Most all of their beer is on tap so there are approximately 50 handles! His wings were HUGE when he got them and he really had to work to eat all 12. The only downside was they were almost TOO garlicky to stomach so he will try something else next time. That's probably more personal preference than preparation so take that into account. My philly cheesesteak was FANTASTIC!! The bread was soft and the meat was tender!!! Usually, the bread is hard as a rock the meat very stringy. I also had the onion rings which, while not handbreaded, were very tasty. Great portions on all of it! My husband also ended up ordering a Happy Viking beer and said it was surprisingly smooth.

The highlight of the afternoon was when the manager/owner(?) named Chris came over to talk to each table and spent quite a few minutes talking to us. He said they are planning to open at least 2 more stores (Chico, Sacramento) and instead of the 50 beers on tap, there would probably be @ 100! He and my husband discoursed for a long time on the benefits of regional beers and other things.

Overall, GREAT food, fantastic service, decent prices and very knowledgeable staff! Will definitely go again!

• Visited February 2012